End cap wont come off

I'm trying to replace my stock end cap for a Lexx end cap. I drilled out all the rivets, pushed the left over part of the rivet in, cut the seal between the end cap and muffler, and i even drilled the rivet holes 1/16 larger than they should be. The end cap still wont come out!! What do i do? :smirk:

I just did this last week. If you have a rubber mallet great, if not, I used the rubber handle of my hammer. Lay the silencer on its side and give it quite a few good blows. Turn it over and repeat. It took about 5 minutes of beating on it from different angels before it moved. Once the seal loosens up, you can grab the end cap with your hand and wiggle it and force it side to side as you pull on it. It will eventually come out. Just a little patience and beating on it is all it takes. Good luck.

I just did this last week. If you have a rubber mallet great, if not, I used the rubber handle of my hammer. Lay the silencer on its side and give it quite a few good blows. Turn it over and repeat. It took about 5 minutes of beating on it from different angels before it moved. Once the seal loosens up, you can grab the end cap with your hand and wiggle it and force it side to side as you pull on it. It will eventually come out. Just a little patience and beating on it is all it takes. Good luck.

Awesome thanks. I'll try it and get back to u later tonight.

Done. Like u said i just had to work it out with a hammer and pryed it out with a screwdriver. Crazy question, how loud would it be without the packing? Or if you were to take some of it out?

I left all my packing in. Its just loud enough with the new end cap on, but not too loud.

Done. Like u said i just had to work it out with a hammer and pryed it out with a screwdriver. Crazy question, how loud would it be without the packing? Or if you were to take some of it out?

Sound is the biggest enemy of our sport, its best to keep your bike as quiet as possible :smirk:

Without packing it will be louder and make less horsepower.

It was just a thought. I don't plan on removing the packing. How would it make less horsepower?

The packing, when it is solidly in place, makes the perforated core behave more like a tube with respect to the transportation of exhaust gases out of the system. Without packing, the gases will pass through the perforations to a much higher degree and impede the outward flow.

Gray, you are completely incorrect. What an awful answer. Haha just kidding. Thanks 4 explaining it. Where did you acquire this plethora of dirt bike knowledge?

also the muffler gets hot as hell melts whatever comes in contact