HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FreestyleRoller

02 YZ426f Start Problem

3 posts in this topic

I just got my first big bike a few days ago, I picked up a 02 YZ426f used from a shop and it is having problems starting. When I picked it up at the shop they were adjusting the valves to spec. They told me it would need a new spark plug and a carb cleaning since it has been sitting for a while. They got it running at the shop and it wouldn't idle but it started it ran. I took it home and it sat for a 2 days until some snow melted and it wouldn't start so I turned up the idle and it finally started but it was a little choppy and backfired when the rpms dropped. I rode it around my yard for a little then put it back in my garage and when I went to start it today it fires and wants to start but just won't. I would really appreciate any help to possible get it running again

Thanks

Step number 1: get rid of the old gas in the tank and clean the float bowl and pilot and main jets with a good carb cleaner and compressed air.

Step number 2: Add fresh premium fuel to the tank.

Step number 3: follow the recomended starting procedure.

Step number 4 have fun and play safe

Thanks for the reply I drained the tank and cleaned carb and started and idled but I think the main problem was the idle screw was backed way out.