riding in snow

So we have a bit of snow and I wanna go try the bike out in it but its like -5 to -10 out and I have not had her going in a few months and she usually starts first kick but she does not want to start. Ive tried starting it a couple of months ago before it got to cold but still no go . Any ideas for cold starting. I have the 450 ex cam mod. bike is a 02 yz 426

So we have a bit of snow and I wanna go try the bike out in it but its like -5 to -10 out and I have not had her going in a few months and she usually starts first kick but she does not want to start. Ive tried starting it a couple of months ago before it got to cold but still no go . Any ideas for cold starting. I have the 450 ex cam mod. bike is a 02 yz 426

Are you still running your summer time jetting ? If so that's part of your problem, and if it's -5 to -15, a YZ426 no matter what is going to be a b!tch to start ! When it's that cold, you are going to need to warm the engine a bit. I bring a propane torch with me, and just warm the cylinder up a bit. Give the throttle a few pumps to get some raw fuel in and she should start no problem. lastly you also need to richen up your stock (if so) jetting ! Also it would be a good idea to block off one radiator if you are going to be doing some higher speed riding.

Are you using the yamalube 15w-50 oil? If so, the thick 15w will make it harder to start when its extremely cold like u r explaining. Try using the full synthetic Yamalube 0w-30. It's a cold weather specific oil and should make it a little easier to start when it's that cold.

Try heating up the barrel / head with a hot air gun or a propane tourch. once th whole thing is pretty hot to touch she'l fire right up