WR 450 Radiator overfill tank fill up

:)

Starter my Thumper (with 6 miles on it). After about 5 mins, I turned it off and the was a whining sound which was from the resevior under the left fender. It also spit a small amount of fluid from the PINK drain hoses. The fluid was up to an inch from the top of the resevior. I do realize that it will rise to the "hot line " when hot, but seemed a little excessive.

Do you leave your bike idling for a period of time? It will overheat causing the coolant to boil and leak out the overflow tube. This happened to me right after I got mine. I once heard my coolant starting to boil once and I jumped on the bike for a quick run and that stopped it. I really haven't let my bike just sit at idle since I've properly jetted the carb, I feel sure the stock lean condition contributed to the overheating. :)

i dont let my bike warm up... i take it off the truck start it up for 30 seconds get suited up and ride :):D

i dont let my bike warm up... i take it off the truck start it up for 30 seconds get suited up and ride :):D

I start mine up and find the radiators pretty warm to the touch in about a minute, so I assume its warm already. It does warm up faster than any water cooled bike I've had before. Never had overheating or overflow from the recovery bottle at all. :D

Starter my Thumper (with 6 miles on it). After about 5 mins, I turned it off and the was a whining sound which was from the resevior under the left fender. It also spit a small amount of fluid from the PINK drain hoses. The fluid was up to an inch from the top of the resevior. I do realize that it will rise to the "hot line " when hot, but seemed a little excessive.

It was too full from the start. It should be about 1/3 stone cold. I keep mine at 1/4 cold.

If you are not idling the bike for more them a minute when hot you should be OK. Flush out you system and put in 50%/50% mix and refill. I have never hand my boil yet. I am riding in hot weather at high altitude this week and the bike has not come close to overheating. The WR450 has one of the biggest radiators.