HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HRC

Getting the GYTR power tuner, which map do you prefer ?

22 posts in this topic

I heard alot of good reviews of the Jay Marmont map....

Would be great to have a map for sandtracks, one for medium and one for hardpack.

Any suggestions ?

Every time I play with maps I wind up going back to the Jay Marmont map within a few laps, track independent.

I tried the jay marmont map second day owning the bike, never went back!

Was so impressed with the performance I just kept it on and didn't try anything else.

I've gotten a power commander since, the timing map for the marmont map IMO gives the bike the juice that everyone is feeling and not so much the fuel map... could be wrong on that.

Yoshimura rs-4exhaust. Tried almost every map I could find (Jay Marmont map included) and been using this map for almost the entire time since having the pipe, really pulls harder & longer, feels like it revs quicker too. Can especially notice the difference when hill climbing/sand riding. Brother has a stock 2010 and feels noticeably slower while riding and during a holeshot.

"Setting for improved response"

"This setting is suited for a linear engine response to throttle work when riding on dirt with good traction or on high-load sand courses. This setting helps to achieve faster engine revving up through the rpm range for owners who want to ride more aggressively."

Fuel Injection (FI)

-2 -4 -4

-2 -4 -4

-2 -2 -2

Ignition (IG)

+3 +2 +2

+3 +3 +2

+3 +3 +3

Any map suggestions for riding on a hardpack track where you need smooth roll on power ?

When you plug in the tuner to the bike, does it have to be shut off or can the engine be running ? Nothing important but just something that crossed my mind.

My bike is mostly stock other than gytr filter and 50 tooth sprocket and I prefer the Jay Marmont map as well and I've used it on intermediate and soft terrain. For me the 50 tooth sprocket made the bike much easier to ride and I was able to stay in 3rd gear more often in the corners.

Any map suggestions for riding on a hardpack track where you need smooth roll on power ?

When you plug in the tuner to the bike, does it have to be shut off or can the engine be running ? Nothing important but just something that crossed my mind.

You cannot access the ECU with the bike running, must be shut off.

Another thing, the bike powers the tuner when the bike is running, so if your batteries are dead, or you happen to just not have any the tuner will fire up when the bike starts. Can't load maps, but you can at least check out for any error codes, and engine monitoring stuff.

You cannot access the ECU with the bike running, must be shut off.

Another thing, the bike powers the tuner when the bike is running, so if your batteries are dead, or you happen to just not have any the tuner will fire up when the bike starts. Can't load maps, but you can at least check out for any error codes, and engine monitoring stuff.

Thanks brentn ! Some good info there !:smirk:

I'm still stuck on the woods map for everything slippery which seems like just about everything I ride. Its great for hardpack and contolling wheel spin in fast sweeping turns and its great in the woods in the soft slippery or hard frozen slippery crap.

The woods map kills the initial power just enough to get grip right be for the engine lights up to life. This is mostly due to the retarded time.

i put the marmot map on my bike but was just too icy to do anything. I also made one up based on theory but haven't tried it yet, sure it will suck and need tweaking. When something melts I will go riding again, until then its too cold to even go in my garage.

Yoshimura rs-4exhaust. Tried almost every map I could find (Jay Marmont map included) and been using this map for almost the entire time since having the pipe, really pulls harder & longer, feels like it revs quicker too. Can especially notice the difference when hill climbing/sand riding. Brother has a stock 2010 and feels noticeably slower while riding and during a holeshot.

"Setting for improved response"

"This setting is suited for a linear engine response to throttle work when riding on dirt with good traction or on high-load sand courses. This setting helps to achieve faster engine revving up through the rpm range for owners who want to ride more aggressively."

Fuel Injection (FI)

-2 -4 -4

-2 -4 -4

-2 -2 -2

Ignition (IG)

+3 +2 +2

+3 +3 +2

+3 +3 +3

The map you have here, is it a custom map you made or if not where did you get it? I was thinking it was the Marmont map, but checked the map database here on TT and it's different than what's in that thread for the Marmont map. OBTW that "Marmont map" is also known as the Dr. D very aggressive map. Bottom line as far as I can tell the map you have above is pretty close to the Dr. D/Marmont map in the IGN areas, but much leaner on the fuel side. So I don't confuse everyone THIS is what I know as the Dr. D/Jay Marmont map:

Fuel Injection (FI)

-1 +3 -2

+3 +4 -3

-2 -3 -2

Ignition (IG)

+2 +2 +2

+2 +4 +2

+2 +4 +4

So, having said all that...how does the Dr. D/Marmont map compare to your custom map? (BTW does it have a name? :thumbsup:)

OBTW I'm running the Yosh RS-4 and really like how broad the power is.

Just got my GYTR-tuner yesterday. The maps I have programed in the tuner now is the Jay Marmont map and some MXA recomended maps.

Is there any other map I should put in there that you recomend ?

Can´t wait to try out the Jay Marmont map ! I heard so much good about it. Together with the Arrow exhaust I think this bike will be gnarly !:thumbsup:

The map you have here, is it a custom map you made or if not where did you get it? I was thinking it was the Marmont map, but checked the map database here on TT and it's different than what's in that thread for the Marmont map. OBTW that "Marmont map" is also known as the Dr. D very aggressive map. Bottom line as far as I can tell the map you have above is pretty close to the Dr. D/Marmont map in the IGN areas, but much leaner on the fuel side. So I don't confuse everyone THIS is what I know as the Dr. D/Jay Marmont map:

Fuel Injection (FI)

-1 +3 -2

+3 +4 -3

-2 -3 -2

Ignition (IG)

+2 +2 +2

+2 +4 +2

+2 +4 +4

So, having said all that...how does the Dr. D/Marmont map compare to your custom map? (BTW does it have a name? :thumbsup:)

OBTW I'm running the Yosh RS-4 and really like how broad the power is.

The map is from yamaha , works better for me then the marmont map no question... I think this has something to do with the yoshi exhaust though. Putting this map on my bros stock exhaust bike doesn't seem to give the same benefits as with the rs4 yoshi.

This is how yamaha states it:

GYTR or Stock Exhaust

Sharp throttle response; more overall power

Fuel

-2 -4 -4

-2 -4 -4

-2 -2 -2

Ignition

+3 +2 +2

+3 +3 +2

+3 +3 +3

When I have sent a map to the bike, how can I check that the right map is in there ?

HRC ,

When I tried MXA's "broad powerband" map, my bike ran terrible. It almost felt like it was cutting out coming off of jump faces. Not sure why other than it seems to set the bike up very rich. (It might be good for cold weather though).

Personally, I like the Marmont map the best.

When I have sent a map to the bike, how can I check that the right map is in there ?

You can retrieve the map that the ECU contains, I believe it is under "load" in the menu/sub menu. After it has completed it's function it will bring you right to the map and you can see if it was the map that you had loaded previously.

You can retrieve the map that the ECU contains, I believe it is under "load" in the menu/sub menu. After it has completed it's function it will bring you right to the map and you can see if it was the map that you had loaded previously.

Thanks brentn !

After a weekend of testing out the GYTR-tuner I found out this map to be very good on snow and ice:

Race Map (Hard Pack)

Fuel Injection (FI)

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

-4 +4 -4

Ignition (IG)

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

+2 -5 +2

"Setting for improved drivability

For riding in slippery conditions, such as on hard packed dirt or wet surfaces. This setting provides easier throttle work that can be experienced not only by experts but a wide range of YZ450F users."

Made it much easier to get the power to the ground.

The Jay Marmont was impressive but a little to much for my tight winter track. I assume it will be great on sandtracks.