HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
muddza

WR450F + 09 YZ Cams + FMF 4.1 Megabomb + CP High Comp 13:1 + Vortex ignition - Dyno

6 posts in this topic

While recovering from an ACL reconstruction in my right knee I thought I'd have the motor rebuilt in the '08' WR with '09' YZ Cams, CP High Comp Piston 13:1, FMF 4.1 Megabomb full titanium system + Vortex X10 Ignition, then had it jetted to suit & dynoed.

The end result.... MAP-0 on the vortex

Max Power - 50.08 hp @ 8500 rpm

Max Torque - 32.82 ft-lbs @ 7000 rpm

Jetting as follows

Main - #170

Pilot - #45

DSQ Needle - 3rd Clip

Fuel Screw - 1 1/4 turns out

More cosmetic mods to come!

wr450f_dyno_run.jpg

Here is the link to a higher resolution dyno image...

Think the stock WR puts out under 40hp without de-restricting???

The dyno shop had recently done a WR450F with a white bros full system + vortex Ignition with stock cams which had 45 Max hp. When compared to my graph I had a fatter curve all the way from when the throttle was cracked off the bottom :smirk:

yep sure did... more like a fire breathing monster!!! Ohhh and it's street legal here in AUS... but lets keep that on tha down lo hahahahha

They also compared my bike with a stock 2010 YZ which ran identical power curves but just had 2hp more in the over-rev...