2008 and 2011 Tripple Clamps

Any chance my RG3 upper clamp off of my '08 will fit my '11?

I really love those clamps and don't want to buy a new set if I don't have to.

I dont see why not. the forks are the same at least

I dont see why not. the forks are the same at least

I'm just not sure if the offset has changed, or if the number plate mount is different. I can always give it a shot, but pulling the bars and clamp a part is a pain. Hopefully I can get some confirmation either way.

Offset is different.

New forks look like standard SSS but the stroke was increased so it's possible other things changed as well. Such as o.d. of the upper tube for the clamp.... Mounting points in which the clamp is located on the upper tube may be different as well...

Offset is different.

New forks look like standard SSS but the stroke was increased so it's possible other things changed as well. Such as o.d. of the upper tube for the clamp.... Mounting points in which the clamp is located on the upper tube may be different as well...

Dang!... Anyone need an RG3 upper?

I didn't say it wouldn't work, I just mentioned what you should be looking for when comparing the two.

If the steering stem, bearings etc fit, you'll need to make sure that the pinch points on the clamps for the outer tubes on the forks line up with your new 2011 forks.

Sounds like you have both bikes, take some measurements!

If it works you'll be left with the 08 offset of the RG3 clamps as the only change between your bike and the new.

I might have overlooked something, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I didn't say it wouldn't work, I just mentioned what you should be looking for when comparing the two.

If the steering stem, bearings etc fit, you'll need to make sure that the pinch points on the clamps for the outer tubes on the forks line up with your new 2011 forks.

Sounds like you have both bikes, take some measurements!

If it works you'll be left with the 08 offset of the RG3 clamps as the only change between your bike and the new.

I might have overlooked something, so correct me if I'm wrong.

I only have the upper though. The different offset is the deal breaker. Can't have a 22mm lower and a 25mm upper, right? Pretty sure that's what I just read that they were. Not 100% sure either way. I don't have the '08 any more, just the clamp.

If I don't hear from anyone who says that they have done it with or without success, I will be sure to try it myself and report back.

Yeah, your top and bottom clamps have to have the same offset or you won't get it on. The 2010-11 have a different offset than all of the previous years.

Yea, didn't realize that you only had the upper.

No extra bling for you...