Who's no good?

My vote for crappiest mail order is www.westwoodmx.com

If you by from these guys, dont expect to get what you ordered. Even if you need this item in 3 months, it will take longer to get it right.

Its been a year now since Ive been screwed by these guys and Im still sour! ?

------------------

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

Enduro Heaven

Hi-Persports, somewhere in CO, and also on the web. Here’s the drill:

Place order, discover that something isn’t in stock but will be in “next week.”

Call back in one week, item still isn’t in stock. Ask to split ship the rest of the order.

Call back in ten days, discover order is held up by the same item, ask to split ship AGAIN. Repeat two more times, then cancel the one item that is causing problem since their “Split Ship” key is on autodelete or something.

Call back in ten days, discover order is held up by the same item you canceled ten days earlier. Cancel the whole dang order, get your stuff somewhere else.

Check voice mail one week later to hear cheerful voice saying that your Hi-Persports order is finally complete, sorry for the delay, we have shipped your order.

Call back in a panic and inquire as to status of order you canceled. Bad news, order ain’t canceled, good news, order isn’t really complete and hasn’t actually been shipped. Ask to speak to a supervisor, ask to be transferred to her supervisor, whom you ask to transfer to his supervisor, whom you practically beg not to send you anything, charge you for anything, or leave you any more voice mail. Listen to very contrite manager assure you none of this will happen, he will see to it personally.

Two weeks later discover your credit card was billed for the entire order, which never did arrive.

As far as I can tell, that is how they operate. They aren’t very nice either, but that probably comes from having to deal with all the irate customers they must face on a regular basis.

Guys, These all sound really bad but im sorry to say that all of those places seem like a fine tuned,well oiled machine compaired to "Chapparal-racing". Why??

Last July my wonderful better half drove 4 hours in traffic to buy a gift certificate from Chapparal for my birthday, a week later I decided to drive down there myself. I wanted to buy a White Bros. exhaust, NO STOCK, well that's ok because I need some plastic for the blue bomber, sorry NO STOCK, Fredette race wrench, NO STOCK, heat shield for my side panels,NO STOCK. Thats ok because I really did want those Moose XCR pants and jersey in any color, NO STOCK!!!!! HMMMMMMMM, I ended up ordering some Shift leathers that were not in stock either, I paid full retail and left the store. The sales associate (girl in the 8th grade) told me the pants will be shipped in two weeks, NO DICE, I waited 2 months and then I called them to see whats the dealio, and I was told to call later when the manager was available, because they "dont make outbound calls to customers". In the mean time I called Shift and the lovely sales associate there (another 8th grade girl) told me that they had a big stack of Shift leathers sitting in their warehouse all along. I told this to the manager at Chapparal and the pants were shipped. Whew!! The funny part about this ordeal was that they accidently shipped me two pairs of pants. ? I am a very honest guy and I would love to call them and tell them that they made a mistake but "I dont make outbound call's". In short my girlfriend really went out of her way and paid alot of money so I could get something nice for myself, and it did nothing more that waste my time and her money, the sad part is that my small local dealer in Simi Valley "Simi Valley Cycles" has all of this stuff in stock and my guy there hooks me up big time. In short Chapparal can eat my shorts !!!!!!! We should all give our business to people who care. Dan

Chapparal is the worst place to deal with, good prices on tires. If they have them in stock. DON'T ORDER ANYTHING from them you'll grow old and die before you ever see it and pay full retail in the process. My not so local dealer John Burr Cycles gives me better prices and I have never wiated more than a week for parts.

Originally posted by aftershock:

Hick how did you refrain from going postal?

Aftershock,

You can see right through my story, bud. I did lose it when I got the voice mail from them, but being put on hold actually calmed me down. The situation was so ridiculous I was actually laughing by the time I got the manager on the phone. Not a single chuckle out of that guy, though…

Dan,

Since you don’t seem to realize how fortunate you are to have a competent dealer who stocks anything at all maybe I should retell a few of my Mr. Motorcycle (MY local dealer in El Paso) stories.

First trip

Me: “I need a swingarm guard for a 2000 YZ 426.”

Parts guy: “Is that a Honda?

Second trip

Me: “I need an o-ring chain.

Parts: “What kind of bike?”

Me: (Deep sigh) “2000 YZ 426.”

Parts: (goes behind counter briefly then returns) “I don’t have one for a 426, the closest I have is a 520, will that work?”

Last trip

Me: “I need an NGK CR8E.”

Parts: “Huh?”

Me: “NGK”

Me: “N – G – K. That is a particular brand of spark plug that is popular… Never mind bud.”

Parts: “Hey, don’t leave angry dude!”

For a laugh call 915-545-BIKE, ask for parts dept.

Really, you are lucky, I think you should buy all your stuff from Simi Valley Cycles as long as they treat you right.

BTW Chaparral has shipped me the wrong tire on two different occasions, I had to fill out the packing slip and ship it back. That was a pain but they did promptly credit my account both times. Since I can’t buy anything locally my UPS guy and I are on a first name basis. I also know my credit card number by heart.

First trip

Me: “I need a swingarm guard for a 2000 YZ 426.”

Parts guy: “Is that a Honda?

HAHA I love it! Thats a classic. Do you have anymore?

I would keep going back just so I would have some kiler stories to tell! LOL

------------------

Darin from Missouri - 1999 WR 400F

Enduro Heaven

Milkman,

While I respect your vote for #1 (which I also enjoyed!), my 'best of partsman' goes to #3....I'm still LOL!

Originally posted by Hick:

Last trip

Me: “I need an NGK CR8E.”

Me: “NGK”

Me: “N – G – K. That is a particular brand of spark plug that is popular… Never mind bud.”

Parts: “Hey, don’t leave angry dude!”

Well I cant say I have never had a bad experience buying products but I have had less than appeling performance out of one of the products I bought. I just bought my first bike a month ago, 2001 Wr426 and I went out and bought all the gear, large part of that was a Chest Protector, I bought the Foc Racing Airframe, $130 big ones, seems like a nice piece. Well my first ride on my bike I managed to fall, big surprise there right. But either way, my chest protector breaks, the place it broke is where it connects from the shoudler part to the front, snapped the plastic right in half, I called Fox and ripped them a nice new one, saying that I would expect more from a company of there stature and for a hefty price tag of $130 bucks. Needless to say the new one is in the mail as we speak. I feel better now.

Marty

I'm OK with performance again. We kissed and made up. I have learned though not to do maintenence work there (although you've had good luck with suspension right?) and don't talk to any of the real young folks. I like Ed though. He's cool. And they do have some pretty good prices and a good selection for a local store.

I'm too easy!

Bryan...

I found the web address for discountmotorcycletire.com on the YZ side a few weeks ago. The tire prices look really good. Does any one know about their service. I am going to need front and rear tires, and don't want to order and wait for a month.

Michael