426 Timin Chain Question

Re-building my head and cylinder on a 2001 YZ426F because I broke a valve near the lifter but luckily no cylinder or head damage. Should I change out my timing chain and tensioner or not? And any other suggestions?

Thank you

GrayRacer - Thanks for all your posts on TT, I've found everything including EdCo from those.

Hey, All!

I have a few quick questions on doing this job, pertaining to an '06 model YZ450F. I hope this isn't a "hijack" of this thread, and may be somewhat relevant......

1. Does a person typically need to replace the gasket that goes between the ignition cover, and the rt. side crankcase? I will need to pull this cover to do this job, correct?

2. Do the gaskets on that cover, if replaced, and the tensioner, go on "dry", or with a little grease, or with Yamabond?

3. On the parts fiche for the cam chain/tensioner, ther is a little round part called a gasket, on the tensioner, I believe. On the parts fiche, it actually looked like a washer for one of the tensioner bolts. I'm sorry I can't give the p/n; my work computer is screwin' up on the parts fiche website I use.... B) Added in EDIT: It's #8 below, p/n 90430-06014-00, a "Gasket"......

CAMSHAFT_CHAIN.Gif

Thanks for any help, and I apologize if I shouldn't have posted this here. I want to try and minimize my bike's downtime, and have all my parts needed, if possible...... ?

Jimmie

Edited by Diesel Goober
fixed my computer probs......