426 tranny problems

i dont know i know how that sounds i just bought the bike so i don't know... how the clutch has been acting like i said i'm going to replace the clutch on saturday. SO IS IT CLUTCH OR TRANNY. grayracer513 what do u mean Fraid so... that the clutch is gone or the tranny is shot?

Gear third, pinion, gear fourth, pinion, and gear fifth, pinion. The third gear drives the fifth and fourth gears with dogs. Your dogs are worn between third and fifth, might as well replace fourth while you are in there. Three simple gears in a row, the cost is ~$190 for all three including a couple of circlips. This is the third time I am in the transmission on my 426, I am finally doing it right. I really hate splitting cases on this thing. $40 for a gasket set and you are ready to play.

Gear third, pinion, gear fourth, pinion, and gear fifth, pinion. The third gear drives the fifth and fourth gears with dogs. Your dogs are worn between third and fifth, might as well replace fourth while you are in there. Three simple gears in a row, the cost is ~$190 for all three including a couple of circlips. This is the third time I am in the transmission on my 426, I am finally doing it right. I really hate splitting cases on this thing. $40 for a gasket set and you are ready to play.

Be sure you replace the shift fork that moves the third pinion too, or you'll be going back in again.