HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trevor450f

Stator for lighting on 2003

2 posts in this topic

I want to (try) put a headlight on my bike (03 yz450f), not to put it 'on road', but just for those times I get caught out later at night.

I've been reading all the threads about the poor options for an after market stater for lighting for a yz, with the best way of doing it being swapping the bottom end to one from a wr.

Since swapping to one from a wr is quite involved and expensive, I think just changing the stater would be best for me. Did Electrosport ever make a new designed (better) stator? What about a ProRacing one? I have not read anything bad about the ProRacing ones, but I also have not read about one on an 03-05.

Thanks for any info guys.

Nobody knows? I know there are a lot of threads on this topic, but no one has talked about the supposed new design of the Electrosport. I also haven't found anyone's experience with a few hours on a ProRacing one.