Power now

Is a Scary Fast Power Now or a Boyseen Power Wing worth the money? I have a 2004 Yz450f and it doesn't really need more power but im just the kind of guy that would like to add some just for fun. I ride some MX but mostly trails and just messing around on the farm. Any suggestions?

Neither of those devices will add the slightest bit of noticeable increase in power whatever. You'd be better off sending me $100 to cast a spell on the bike for you.

Boyseen Power Wing

Sounds like a new age boy band....:excuseme:

I hear grayracers voodoo is the best on the island.

I would spend the 100 bucks on beer.

a good jetting job will do what they "advertise they do"... i had one way back in the day and all i noticed is it masked jetting problems VERY slightly

not to start a debate or disagree with any of you but i put one on my 03 and noticed a little difference right off idle, also made a home made one for a ttr90 and made a world of a difference on it. just stops the throttle response lag off of idle. not worth the price. just tune the bike the best you can. you are better off givin greyracer the $100.00

I had my '05 CRF450R on a dyno a few years ago, the guy running the dyno said that he had run a bike identical to mine with and without the "wing" installed and it did absolutely nothing to increase power.

Go for the spell instead, get the "extra power-band" version.... It's AWESOME !

:excuseme:

thanks a lot. No need in spending money for no reason

Neither of those devices will add the slightest bit of noticeable increase in power whatever. You'd be better off sending me $100 to cast a spell on the bike for you.

If I send you 50$ what kind of spell's can I get for my bike?

$50? Only the cheap ones.

My old 00 had a home brew version of a PowerNow on it for a short while. The only time it ever made any difference was when the blade part of it bent into a U shape and made my bike run like crap. I threw the NoPowerNow away and never looked back.

I have a 2006 yz450 and have the front and rear pieces that go in the carb. It is kind of a pain to get the carb on with them. It didn't make any difference at all, not off idle not wide open nothing. Gray you think you can cast a spell on my power wing turn it into a boy band I can send on the road to get my 100 bucks back + cost of the spell?

I was trying to get rid of the small bog when first cracking the throttle. JD jet kit took care of that.

Jet kits r the biggest scam going. You got took

Jet kits r the biggest scam going. You got took

I would have to disagree, it fixed my problem. I guess if you know exactly what size jets to buy to make your bike run clean at your altitude from sea level temps and bike type you could just buy the jets you need. I did not.

I followed the instructions with the kit that told me what to change and it worked. I do have some extra jets for the tool box now.:smirk:

I would have to disagree, it fixed my problem. I guess if you know exactly what size jets to buy to make your bike run clean at your altitude from sea level temps and bike type you could just buy the jets you need. I did not.

I followed the instructions with the kit that told me what to change and it worked. I do have some extra jets for the tool box now.:smirk:

Sorry I stand by my last post. What you claim you needed is all here for free.

I'm going to have to agree that for the most part, jet kits are kind of a scam. The central concept they are based on, that the same thing is or will be "wrong" with every bike, is flawed to start with. Add to that, several of them use an alternate proprietary numbering system that makes it near impossible to compare to normal factory jet sizes if later adjustments are made.

For the price of a little reading and careful analysis of how the engine acts under what circumstances, and the price of one or two jets and possibly a needle, you can accomplish anything that might ever need to be done with OEM parts.