HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

No_Brakes

Weird/creepy things you've found on the trail

4,363 posts in this topic

when i rode by myself 3 times a week, on 3 differnt occasions i found riders knocked out laying in the bushes with minor injuries. kinda weird i guess.

17 people like this

Last weekend while we were riding our singletrack, we noticed the bushes on the sides of the trail torn up with trenches dug in spots. We figured some a##hole in a 4wd was tearing up the trail. Halfway up this particularly steep and technical hillclimb, we came across a Chevy Chevette, stuck beyond all help. He was in the middle of a switchback, buried to the axles in mud, with a 30 foot dropoff on his left side. We woke up the two passed out guys in the car, and they had no idea of where they were or how they got there. When we asked them if there was anybody we could call forthem, they got belligerent, claiming we took their Bacardi 151, and told us to get the hell out of there and leave them alone before they kicked our asses. So we did. :excuseme:

33 people like this

i found a truck camper (type that sits in the box of your truck) on the side of a trail with "dont laugh, your daughter's inside" painted on the side of it.

Edited by motomatt16
typing error
22 people like this

i found a truck camper (type that sits in the box of your truck) on the side of a trail with "dont laugh, your doughter's inside" painted on the side of it.

lol that is awesome, only in Canada :excuseme::busted:

2 people like this

Was on the trail going up a really steep mountain, when we reached the summit we decided to explore further and continue on using another way down.

The other way down turned into pure hell, rocks about 1-2 feet wide, sharp and jagged all the way down a nice incline.

I was going about a foot a minute down the side being really careful not to fall as I didn't want to get caught.

Behind us I see this guy on an old bike doing down about 4 times the speed of us. He passed us and then waited for us at the bottom, we caught up to him and he had vintage everything!

He had an old school 70's hat, boots , pants, shirt, armor and leather gloves, and his bike was an old school yz250 I Believe... Strangest site but he had no problem beating the snot out of us on the trail :excuseme:

10 people like this

I found some human bones and had to deal with the police and news crews for ever over a pile of bones, real long afternoon.

13 people like this

A group of friends and me where riding single track and ran up on a orgy in the middle of the woods. Have also ran across several nuclear bomb shelters in the woods.

29 people like this

once a dead horse

another time 3 coyotes

another a raccoon tryed to jump on my head

and last a cat tore to peaces

4 people like this

I don't don't do much trail riding, but last time found a clean pair of motocross pants in the middle of no were. and no sign of any bikes previous

3 people like this

I've told this a couple years back, and I'm sure nobody believed it then either...then again, neither would I if it hadn't happened to me.

I was riding my super-mini down a trail in the Mtns one day by myself, I spotted what I thought was a truffle, but kept going becuz I was on a loop, and could come back later. When I looped around, and came to that area of the trail, I'm looking for the truffle, and a chipmunk bolts out onto the trail carrying the truffle. The chipmunk tears off down the trail. I give chase in 1st gear, shift into second and I'm gaining as we approach a corner...the chipmunk blows the berm and runs off into the woods. I hammer the brakes, slide to a stop and look back into the thicket. The chipmunk is in about 20ft, staring back at me, breathing deep, with the truffle at it's feet. He shrills at me 3 times as if to mock me, picks up the truffle and takes off. I stood there looking around at an 'empty' forest in disbelief.

Believe it or not.

12 people like this

I've told this a couple years back, and I'm sure nobody believed it then either...then again, neither would I if it hadn't happened to me.

I was riding my super-mini down a trail in the Mtns one day by myself, I spotted what I thought was a truffle, but kept going becuz I was on a loop, and could come back later. When I looped around, and came to that area of the trail, I'm looking for the truffle, and a chipmunk bolts out onto the trail carrying the truffle. The chipmunk tears off down the trail. I give chase in 1st gear, shift into second and I'm gaining as we approach a corner...the chipmunk blows the berm and runs off into the woods. I hammer the brakes, slide to a stop and look back into the thicket. The chipmunk is in about 20ft, staring back at me, breathing deep, with the truffle at it's feet. He shrills at me 3 times as if to mock me, picks up the truffle and takes off. I stood there looking around at an 'empty' forest in disbelief.

Believe it or not.

Brett.....weren't you with us at taneum in september when that bear ran across the trail right in front of us? maybe he was chasin' that chipmunk too!

Joe

2 people like this

I missed that Bear, and the Cougar that crossed the trail right behind me. Everybody else gets to see the good stuff. :excuseme::busted:

I've only seen bear while by myself. Moose are really the scary things out there IMHO. I always get uneasy around them. Stay clear if ya ask me.

a orgy, are u serious? that is by far the weirdest and coolest thing i have ever heard. where did this happen? i gotta get to ohio with my video camera:shocked:

That might be the creepiest thing I've seen posted on Thumpertalk :excuseme:

7 people like this