HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dc182

New Cycra plastics 2010/11 YZF450

10 posts in this topic

There is a new video out on TWMX showing Nick Wey from Valli Motorsports Yamaha riding with the new Cycra Plastics and Team Graphics from Valli. They look pretty awesome.

yea they look really awesome but did you see the price tag?

Its like $90 for the shroud and another $20 for the tank cover

yea they look really awesome but did you see the price tag?

Its like $90 for the shroud and another $20 for the tank cover

Sad part is the stock stuff isnt much different.

I would almost bet that replacing the same stuff with OEM plastics would be the same or more expensive. Also, you get 40% more air induction that oem. I almost sure that this would be the least expensive mod you could do for more horsepower (to run better). Unless you want to hack up your stock stuff. Seems like a good investment to me.

yea, i just looked into it. Its almost the exact same price. the cycra stuff is definitely the way to go. $110 still seems like a lot for a couple pieces of plastic

Yeah, I'm not enjoying going from being able to buy a whole set of oem plastics for around $100 for my 08 to the same amount for just the shroud pieces on the '10. I got the cycra shrouds and they fit really well.

Are you running graphics on the cycra shrouds that work with OEM shrouds? If so, how did they fit? I want to go Cycra but not at the expense of not being able to run standard graphics (since custom cost more).

I don't know if I buy the whole 40% increased air flow, under their specific circumstances that they tested it at. I doubt the performance increase is noticeable enough to warrant spending the money unless you needed new shrouds anyways.

I run graphics made just for the shrouds.Impulse graphx makes semi custom kits and has the cycra templates.