HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YZThumpa

Bent pipe

2 posts in this topic

After catching the downside of a tabletop in the horizontal position, my pipe was either bent or rotated (2000 model). On the plus side, I now have straight access to the oil filter - or, should I say, my brother has straight access cuz I ain't never lernt how ta change ma oil and stuff. The pipe is now in the same position as the 2001 pipe or maybe even 1/4 inch higher. My concern is that it may not be sealed where the pipe goes into whatever it is that it goes into. What signs would I look for? Everything sounds okay and I don't notice any loss of power. Should I try to rotate the pipe back or just leave well enough alone? Please excuse all the technical terminology.

I recently took a hit on my right side and believed I only bent my pipe until the next ride. While bottoming my suspension landing a big jump my rear tire grabbed hold of my pipe and shocked me by really putting the breaks on. Upon closer examination I found my subframe to be slightly bent (3/8in.)to the left. Do yourself a favor and check this before your next ride.

Good Luck!