HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
new2blu

new gears

9 posts in this topic

Has anyone had good results using the new e-start gears i.e.-backfires/stalls with no damage to woodruff key? Was wondering if I should order the new gears? I'm tired of kicking my e-start bike. :)

I have over 3000 miles on my WR450 and every start is an e-start. Original woodruff key, original starter gear, nothing changed from factory spec. My opinon is ride it until it breaks. :)

I got one just to be safe. The new gear is designed correctly. Do it, and forget there ever was a problem.

bfg50 could you be a little more specific as to what gears you have replaced. Part number, how are they differant,did you install, how did the conversation go with your dealer etc.

Thankyou

bfg50 could you be a little more specific as to what gears you have replaced. Part number, how are they differant,did you install, how did the conversation go with your dealer etc.

Thankyou

I'd like to know the cost of the gear as I'm sure Yamaha won't step up and replace this at no cost.

Dave better buy that new gear!

Heaven forbid he should have to resort to the kicker!! :)

Heaven forbid he should have to resort to the kicker!! :D

At least my kicker was STANDARD equipment! :):D

Heaven forbid he should have to resort to the kicker!! :)

At least my kicker was STANDARD equipment! :D :D

That's SOOOO true.

You gotta wonder if Yamaha was expecting trouble? :D At least there's been ZERO problems with the starting systems on the DR!

If ya'll can't tell, we love sibling-rivalry!! :D

:D

The only problem with the e-start is riders that don't know how to keep the throttle closed.....

The only problem I've had with mine was when a tree branch ripped the button out of the switch ass'y.

Rich Baker , no oversized sig file......;8^P