HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NJDirtdog1

Will a 06 and newer yz450f shock fit an 03yz450f

15 posts in this topic

Humm i thought i but rear shock guess thats why you should preview. But yes i am wondering about the rear shock.

The '06 is a bit of an upgrade, too. A but more refined, and I think it's a larger diameter with a beefier shaft.

I know that the shaft is a larger diameter but is the valving the only other thing that is changed? I have seen post about stiction with the bigger shaft but im sure its not really noticeable. I have a 05 shock on my bike and i thought that the only difference was the shock shaft. And improved valving of course, but that is changed with a re-valve anyway.

Well thank you all for the info. Apparently the shock seals blew out in my stock and i am looking to replace the whole thing cost effective wise. I have found a few on ebay. Does anyone know anything about eibach springs?

Such as what?

Well i found a shock with an eibach spring in it off an 04. I have the numbers of the shock, but eibach is closed for the holiday so i can't get any info from them. 992.0336.1 Now i went on there website and i cant find anything out about this spring. Im just trying to figure out the spring rate. I read that the stock spring rate is 5.02, so i just am hoping that the spring is close to the stock rate.

Actually from what i am figuring out off there site the second number .0336 would be the spring rate. Meaning 3.36 so i am going to go with thats to light a rate for me and most and could be why the shock hasn't sold.

Actually from what i am figuring out off there site the second number .0336 would be the spring rate. Meaning 3.36 so i am going to go with thats to light a rate for me and most and could be why the shock hasn't sold.

I wouldn't trust that, I'd keep seeking the right answer. A 3.36 spring wouldn't even hold the bike up. :excuseme:

I wouldn't trust that, I'd keep seeking the right answer. A 3.36 spring wouldn't even hold the bike up. :busted:

:excuseme: Yeah i could be wrong, guess i will keep searching.

Stock rate for the '04 was a 5.3 kg/mm, an '06 was a titanium 5.5. The part number of an Eibach spring will show you the rate, but that number doesn't look long enough to me.

Your '04 uses the same series springs as the '06 though, so if nothing else, you can simply switch your spring onto the '06 shock.

Stock rate for the '04 was a 5.3 kg/mm, an '06 was a titanium 5.5. The part number of an Eibach spring will show you the rate, but that number doesn't look long enough to me.

Your '04 uses the same series springs as the '06 though, so if nothing else, you can simply switch your spring onto the '06 shock.

Yes that would be another idea i could try... http://performance-suspension.eibach.com/cms/powersports_application_look_up This is where i am getting my eibach info from it seems like i am right there with how to decipher the rating on the spring but 3.3kg doesn't seem right.

The part number you posted was 992.0336.1. You'll note that this completely fails to comply with any of the listed front or rear springs for the '06 YZ450. The spring size series (first three digits) is wrong, and the rate would be 33.6 kg/mm (car spring).

The part number you posted was 992.0336.1. You'll note that this completely fails to comply with any of the listed front or rear springs for the '06 YZ450. The spring size series (first three digits) is wrong, and the rate would be 33.6 kg/mm (car spring).

Yes actually i went back and noticed this also. All i know is it must be nice to work for eibach considering they are still closed on the holiday and its tuesday.