Excel Rims For Real?

Does anybody know if the Excel rims that come stock on yz's are the same quality as the ones that you would purchase seperately?

I have a 2000 426 and I have bent both of them! If they are the same quality than I don't know what all of the hipe is about. I had DID rims on my last bike and I never bent them. I want to buy new excels, but not if I'm going to bend them again. If I was a superstar than I would understand. They can only take so much abuse. But I'm not. Just a weekend warrior with bent rims.

You know, I was wondering the same thing!!! I have the 99 yz400 with the excel rims and I put flat spots on both front and rear rims. I run 14psi front and rear. I did it out at the desert coming up short on a double. I'm also not too impressed with the excel rims if they are the same as the aftermarket ones at the shop.

Khris

------------------

When in doubt, GAS IT!

I've had no problems yet, but I mainly ride tracks and haven't had mine on any rocky trails much yet. I was wondering the same thing but I can tell you that the excell's appear to be of better quality than the stock DID's on my YZ250...

I was told by a KTM dealer that the rims that come stock on the YZ'S and WR'S are not the same quality excell rim as an boughten one... for what its worth :)

------------------

Shane From Washington / 2000WR YZ Timed/White Brothers E series exhaust (no disks) hi-Flo header/426 Jetting/Pro-Tapers/Applied Triple Clamp/Devol Rad guards and Yamaha Skid Plate/Acerbis Hand guards/One Industries Graphix and seat cover/Moose Fender bags and a bunch of other things that cost to much money!

FWIW, I have a 2000 426 and the rear rim is has a pretty severe dent (overshot a large tabletop). The front is slightly dinged. I just paid 460us to have the rear trued, as well. I am not impressed with these rims (Excel).

CORRECTION:I paid $60US to get the rear trued.

I too have bent my rear rim in the Desert.I am not impressed with the excel rims.

I always heard that the Excel rims were the cats ass! Maybe not ? I have them on my WR426. :)

Dennis

I came off of kawi's and they're rims SUCKED. As like yours, both my front and rears are bent. I had to put my rear one in a vice so the tube wouldn't get exposed after casing it pretty bad. pre-ops.jpg

post-op2s.jpg

------------------

In a race, lead or get out of the way. In life, go in the opposite direction of the masses.

[This message has been edited by spodeboy (edited 03-22-2001).]