Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rts9821

426 new to me, potental concern

6 posts in this topic

just picked up a 426, 2000 model. seems like a well taken care of bike, runs really strong. he said it had been sitting a while, it was cold (about 42), and i have never started a 4 stroke in my life. it took about 4 solid kicks and i had it runing, probably thanks to the autodecomp. but when i finally got it home (traffic around a local mine is obsurd) it was dark and i started it up and noticed the header turned bright orange within five minutes of running, also noticed about 6 inch blue flames from the tail pipe when revved up.... this is my first dealings with any 4strokes (my other bike is a cr250) do i have a problem to investigate or just finding more things i like about this bike by the minute??

Edited by rts9821
adding details

just picked up a 426, 2000 model. seems like a well taken care of bike, runs really strong. he said it had been sitting a while, it was cold (about 42), and i have never started a 4 stroke in my life. it took about 4 solid kicks and i had it runing, probably thanks to the autodecomp. but when i finally got it home (traffic around a local mine is obsurd) it was dark and i started it up and noticed the header turned bright orange within five minutes of running, also noticed about 6 inch blue flames from the tail pipe when revved up.... this is my first dealings with any 4strokes (my other bike is a cr250) do i have a problem to investigate or just finding more things i like about this bike by the minute??

...normal stuff man, no worries. Enjoy your bike. Lots of good info on here to help you keep it running.

when I bought my 426 this site helped me a lot. if a member named grayracer gives you advice, listen to the man. he knows YZ's .