Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pstolnack

Springs and Re-valve

5 posts in this topic

I have a 2009 WR450F. I am going to respring and revalve but I am in between rates (according to Race Tech chart). Should I go up or down in the sizing.

You can get any rate you desire. Race Tech is a great place to start your search, but you might want to look into KYB , Eibach , and a few other spring suppliers. Some of what Race Tech sells is not even MC grade, but just industrial grade.

Look in the TT store and you will find tons of options.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Parts_Unlimited_Offroad_2009/default.asp?p=606&s=2

The springs and valving (damping) work together so whatever decision you make affects the other. This is where professional help is important to help you figure out the whole package based on you, your bike, and the type of ridding, racing, terrain.

Talking to someone who has tested several combination's and knows what combination's work best and can help you find something that works best for you is what your paying for.

There are a million threads on here about this subject.

Just ask Krannie he's got stories for you:ride:

Depends on where and how you ride. I see you're in California so I presume you ride some desert (deep sandy whoops?). Definitely stiffer.

What do you weigh?