HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeyg97

edelbrock carb on 07 yz450????

15 posts in this topic

i have this edelbrock quick silver 2 carb that i was wondering if it would be a better carb than the stock fcr? has anyone had any experiance with using one on the 450? please let me know thanks

I know they cost a decent amount of coin... I was looking at them for a short while for my two stroke back in the day... In the end I decided money was better spent elsewhere.

There is very little info on those carbs here in the forum, would be pretty sweet if you could post a pic of it.

As long as it has a TPS mount and an accelerator pump it should work with an MX four stroke. What size is it?

The eddy is a step backwards in accuracy. Stay with the FCR.

What do you base that statement on? I have to disagree. I have an Edelbrock on 3 yfz 450 quads, an 09 yz450 and have installed and tested one on a drz400. I believe I know these better than most.

Getting to the stock carb is a real pain as we all know. This is where the Edelbrock blows it out of the water. External adjustment is magic.

They are a very simple, effective and easy to adjust carbs

Edited by Gunner354
Spelling

I dyno tuned bikes for fiften years, never saw anything perform beter than a FCR. I had a Edelbrock on my 489 72 GMC 4X4, it sucked, have a Holley now, no problems.

I dyno tuned bikes for fiften years, never saw anything perform beter than a FCR. I had a Edelbrock on my 489 72 GMC 4X4, it sucked, have a Holley now, no problems.

Really, another expert with no experience! Gotta laugh again

I have an eddy for my '04 and every says it will be some performance loss and that may be true, I never put it on. The reason I got was I got really tired of cleaning the FCR to the point I gave it away. I haven't finished the bike so I can't give you any good input. Its a pretty neat carb however, Put it on and give it a try, I'd love to hear how it works. They advertise performance gains but you know how that goes.

It doen't have a tps does it? I can't remember, its been in the box for a while.

Really, another expert with no experience! Gotta laugh again

Oh, excuse me I forgot you have to be in California to be an expert:worthy:

ya the carb does not have a tps. it does have an accel pump. definately a 4 stroke carb. measures 39mm up and down and 35 across on the intake side. the hole is kind of oval. i actually bought this carb at a tag sale 2 years ago for 5 bucks. it was their daughters ex-boyfriends that he left laying around their house. his loss my gain. if you need more info let me know. thanks

ya the carb does not have a tps. it does have an accel pump. definately a 4 stroke carb. measures 39mm up and down and 35 across on the intake side. the hole is kind of oval. i actually bought this carb at a tag sale 2 years ago for 5 bucks. it was their daughters ex-boyfriends that he left laying around their house. his loss my gain. if you need more info let me know. thanks

I believe that is not the right carb for the yz450. Believe they are 41 mm. Go to Edelbrock and do some searching.

I believe that is not the right carb for the yz450. Believe they are 41 mm. Go to Edelbrock and do some searching.

I agree mine is 40 or 41mm and round and looks very similar to FCR. The one you have sounds like its for a 400ex or similar.

Edited by tech24

What do you base that statement on? I have to disagree. I have an Edelbrock on 3 yfz 450 quads, an 09 yz450 and have installed and tested one on a drz400. I believe I know these better than most.

Getting to the stock carb is a real pain as we all know. This is where the Edelbrock blows it out of the water. External adjustment is magic.

They are a very simple, effective and easy to adjust carbs

Uh, how does close to 40 years experience sound to you (some working as a FSM for Yamaha )?

If you do not believe me, how about you speak to Eddie Sisernos of the jetting forum. Tell us, what makes you the 'expert'?

I have heard that across the board, it works great on the Honda 650's. Most other reports have ended with an offer to sell it. I am glad to hear it works for you, you are one of the few that it works well for on something other than the Honda.

Well, you got your moneys worth. No TPS will mean the ignition timing will only be right at WOT, and the small bore will kill your top end. If... you were able to jet it to work (good luck with the 'one needle does everything') it would be great at slow speeds.

Tinker with it, for five bucks, you've lost nothing and learned a little.