HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rcrob

450 vs 250 engine?

5 posts in this topic

What are the engine dimensional differences between the two different sizes? Do they share cases and are somewhat interchangeable assuming they are the same year or are they completely different?

Anyone? Does anyone know if I can put a 250 engine in a 450 frame or vice versa of similar years (not that I am going to) but I would like to know if the mounting points and physical size are similar. Surely someone here tunes on enough of these things to know.

Mount holes are most likely different. But it is metal, so fab work is always possible. If you're not going to do it, then why did you ask? :excuseme:

Mount holes are most likely different. But it is metal, so fab work is always possible. If you're not going to do it, then why did you ask? :excuseme:

I have a reason.

Completely different engines, cases and all. Pretty much nothing is interchangeable between the two other than spark plugs.