Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigfish23

yz426f probloms again

5 posts in this topic

i have another question on the 01 yz426 now the drain on the top end of the engine for some reason the 1 on my bike spits out alot of oil when i get goin is that a problom? And i also wouldlike to know whats a trick to knowin my valves are set right?

Edited by bigfish23
new problom

Sounds like most carb problems where it narrows down to the pilot circuit. Even though you cleaned it, there could still be an issue. Also, if you tore down the whole carb, did you get the plate on the slide right side up? Other issues can be air leaks.

I had the opposite story to you. A lot of temperamental 2 strokes, and then a '00 426 that has been the most reliable bike I've ever owned.

Sounds like most carb problems where it narrows down to the pilot circuit. Even though you cleaned it, there could still be an issue. Also, if you tore down the whole carb, did you get the plate on the slide right side up? Other issues can be air leaks.

I had the opposite story to you. A lot of temperamental 2 strokes, and then a '00 426 that has been the most reliable bike I've ever owned.

I agree with you about the pilot circuit. When I bought my 2001 426, it had sat for quite some time. I cleaned the jets the best I could, and even went with a JD jet kit.

Later, I thought that the pilot jet might be the wrong size, based on both how the bike ran and from some notes in owners manual from the previous owner. I bought a new stock one, and when I took the old one out (turns out it was the stock size after all), it was very restricted compared to a new one of the same size.

Jets are pretty cheap, it might be worth replacing a few even if you tried to clean them out and the bike is not running right.

I also agree about how reliable this thing is. I'd love a newer one, but I'll have to ride this one a few more years. Great power, and bullet proof.