Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SEOINAGE

Next gen GYTR tuner

10 posts in this topic

Ok so this is wishful thinking. There are some limiting factors to this tool, but why don't they offer a new version with changes at every 1000 rpm? I know that makes it a little more complicated, but have the current option as well? Couldn't that crush the the majority of the competition? I mean a power commander has much more adjustment available, but doesn't have the ignition timing adjustment like the tuner? I could just see them coming out with a new model soon as I buy the current one. But then again that might not be possible with the stock efi unit set up like how they currently do it I don't know.

Next gen should just be replaced with software with a decent fuel/ignition table. Adapt aux input on bike to USB. Error codes, RPM, temp, hours all read from software.

Maps can be saved to file just like power commander.

I'm guessing the current version is as far as they will go. The adjustments you can make with the current system are linear..........meaning you are making adjustments at a lot finer increment than what appears on the screen!!! You know the old saying "Leaner is Meaner...............but not for very long" LOL...........With the current tuner, it would be hard to fubar it!!! So you can't run back to Yamaha and say their tuner effed up your bike!!! As far as a USB connection goes I would say they didn't use that method because there isn't a WeatherPak version available (at least that I'm aware of)

The GYT-R Tuner is meant to be very user friendly, and is an advanced tool in its simplest form. The others out there require more knowledge on the basics of FI tuning and IGN tuning. Their tuner meets the demands of the majority of YZF buyers out there. And for the rest, there are options, like Power Commander, Bazzaz , and my favorite (which is on my wish list) The Yosh PIM2 with Data Box option. I like the option of the Data Box because it allows the system to be able to tell how it has done with the settings you enter, and gives you recommended settings there after. Easier tuning without a dyno.

The GYT-R Tuner is meant to be very user friendly, and is an advanced tool in its simplest form. The others out there require more knowledge on the basics of FI tuning and IGN tuning. Their tuner meets the demands of the majority of YZF buyers out there. And for the rest, there are options, like Power Commander, Bazzaz , and my favorite (which is on my wish list) The Yosh PIM2 with Data Box option. I like the option of the Data Box because it allows the system to be able to tell how it has done with the settings you enter, and gives you recommended settings there after. Easier tuning without a dyno.

that data box is very cool. I'm still debating getting the tuner, I know it will be something i will be able to use easily, hence not wanting to get one of the others at this point and not be able to get it set up right. But i just wonder if down the road I will be spending money on something better. I'm just a tight wad.

Looks like the same deal as the autotune for the PCV, both are very cool devices and more thorough than a dyno for mapping proper AFR's across the entire board. The more you use it the more your bike becomes tuned, eventually to a point that at any position of the throttle for any RPM the bike is mapped to the desired AFR.

I think that the gytr tuner is going to be just fine i was concerned about the limited adjuabilitty and have no concerns now im getting good af ratios and lots of hp .current testing with our TUF racing engine package by a top pro is positive hes rating the bike above a factory level yamaha that he raced and tested in austrailia and that im sure had a much more sophisticated tuning sytem .

yeah get the tuner! You'll still want it for ign mapping even with power commander. And it has a built in hour meter, data display, and trouble code display. And if Ron used is succesfully I think its good to go.