08 yz450f pro taper bars?

did the 08 come stock with pro taper bars and if so does anyone know which ones?

Canadian models did, two and four strokes since 05/06 I believe.

any idea what bar they use or is it just something made specifically for factory? reason i ask is i have pro taper bars on mine and they just say pro taper. have no idea what model.

You will probably find a number on it something like XC90. It's a proprietary bend and not for sale in the aftermarket. They are a very low bend, somewhat like the Carmichael or Universal Low Pro Tapers

My 08 Protaper just says "Yamaha Mid" on them.

where did u find that written at? i more than likely overlooked it. im guessing mine are the same

oh nothing is wrong with the bars. i was just curious as to if they came stock or not. the guy when i got it said he had put on aftermarket. i suspected otherwise is all. i checked mine and it says yamaha 5xc

He/She might have also said that they bought a clutch cover with "Yamaha" engraved on the side. Along with the excel rims that he added and a foam filter to replace the stock paper element that came with the bike? :thumbsup:

ah with the exception of a crappy air filter that needed cleaned, everything else checked out. just not the bars. but hey good bars regardless. :thumbsup:

yup, xc-lo. very low & narrow IMO.

515's right, it's under the pad.

For someone who is super picky,(me),,,I really like these bars, if I ever have to replace them, I'll get as close to them as I can.

515's right, it's under the pad.

For someone who is super picky,(me),,,I really like these bars, if I ever have to replace them, I'll get as close to them as I can.

I really like these bars as well. FYI, it seems like there is always a set on ebay.:thumbsup:

I am digging these bars myself. Ill keep that ebay thing in mind if I should ever bend these or need a new pair for some odd reason. If they are as strong as the Renthal that was on my Kfx450 they are impossible to bend.

I just put my original '09 Pro Tapers on my Dad's new CRF230. His Honda has Yamaha written on it now, should be good for an extra 2 HP. heh heh heh :thumbsup:

That stock bend is very low. I went to the Henry/Reed bend Evo's and it's pretty comfortable now. The high bends seemed a little too high for me.

I ran the Henry's for a while, but they put my hands too far back, made it hard to move forward on the bike, and crowded me while standing unless i leaned back and hung on them. The Windhams did seem tall at first, and still do sometimes, but they're quite a bit farther forward and much more comfortable standing, especially for long periods.

Ebay,, sweet!!