TIme bomb clutch!!!!

Just put a Hinson on my 00 426. Stocker had a huge crack in it that started at the rivets and ran all the way to the tangs. I could actually spread it apart!

Thank god I caught it in time! A couple more rides was all it would have took. WHeeew!

WOW, that was close. Just to let everyone know I just put a Performance Engineering basket on my 426 & it is working fine. I got it from Motosport Outlet for $139. I didn't have any cracks just grooves in my old basket.

Dirtdigger: Did your basket have cracks at all 3 rivets? Murphy's Law smiled on you!... :)

Cracked at just one rivet. But there was actually aluminum chunks missing for about half the crack!

Yes I was very lucky. For all who are taking the chance with the stocker I say your asking for it. A few hundred bucks is cheap insurance.

I cant imagine what would happen if it came apart on a fast fire road or something out in the middle of BFE.

Ok...ok...!! you succeed to fear me about my stock basket....lol...I think i'll change mine too, even if it looks perfect by now.

So a PE is a good choice??

Thanks for sharing your experience with us....

Dan

I mean, is a Performance Engineering a good choice? or if a Hinson is the only good one??

Originally posted by Dan_YZF:

I mean, is a Performance Engineering a good choice? or if a Hinson is the only good one??

I think I'm the only guinea pig on this one. Does anyone else have a PE basket? Anyway it looked to be much stronger than the stock one & cured the grabbyness. I have about 10 rides on it & its working great.