18MM Freeze Plug Mystery

Either the auto parts stores up here in new england are junk or I just don't know where to look. Could any of you guys tell me where you have had luck finding an 18MM freeze plug. I am trying to complete the cam sway on my 01 426.

Thanks

Any AP shop with a set of Dorman's hardware bins should have one. Don't know an automotive application specifically, but you might check some of the Japanese car dealers, too.

Wow. $10?!? Last one I bought was 82 cents. :thumbsup: Oh, wait... that's for 25 of them. :blah:

If you're having THAT much trouble, you could consider using the Yamaha plug (PN 90338-18064-00). Normally, I don't trust them, but if you install them with a bit of epoxy over them, people have said they stay in place OK.

Wow. $10?!? Last one I bought was 82 cents. :thumbsup: Oh, wait... that's for 25 of them. :blah:

If you're having THAT much trouble, you could consider using the Yamaha plug (PN 90338-18064-00). Normally, I don't trust them, but if you install them with a bit of epoxy over them, people have said they stay in place OK.

yeah the price is kind of stupid never bought freeze plugs from them but a good place for wierd fastners and clips. Not sure what a cam sway is so wasn't sure what else would work.

Not sure what a cam sway is so wasn't sure what else would work.

Cam "swap" :thumbsup: (you get used to it after a while)

Cam "swap" :thumbsup: (you get used to it after a while)

:blah: i'm a little slow today I guess

Why not just take a dremmel to the stock unit? Cut it off where indicated in the pic below and let that be your plug. Of course, get rid of the cable and lever on the handle bar.

390d2175.jpg

Edited by SXP
Why not just take a dremmel to the stock unit? Cut it off where indicated in the pic below and let that be your plug. Of course, get rid of the cable and lever on the handle bar.

390d2175.jpg

That also works, unless you are an obsessive pack rat and keeper of antiquities like me. I still have the plastic lower fork guard from my '03. :thumbsup:

Go to an automotive machine shop especially one that does imports they should have some on hand.

Steve

That also works, unless you are an obsessive pack rat and keeper of antiquities like me. I still have the plastic lower fork guard from my '03. :blah:

pack rat...

(i still have parts for bikes i no longer have also, so it fits me too):thumbsup: