Best 250 2 Stroke race bike

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on two things really. First, if you are buying a new bike then a YZ 250 is the best option.

But, if your buying used then you have 2 choices, if you ride outdoor style tracks then the YZ would be best, but if you ride more tight arena style tracks then the RM250 would probably be your better choice.

Depends on two things really. First, if you are buying a new bike then a YZ 250 is the best option.

But, if your buying used then you have 2 choices, if you ride outdoor style tracks then the YZ would be best, but if you ride more tight arena style tracks then the RM250 would probably be your better choice.

where to start?

the yz has absolutly nothing on a new ktm 250sx. the ktm's have the best motors out there for 2 strokes and 4 strokes. plus the fit and finish on the ktm is top notch. they make changes and better the bike every year. yz's have been the same for years and years, they are the most over rated bike out there.

i like the rm's, but the kx's are killer race bikes. have a awsome motor with a hit like a 2 stroke shoudl have.

where to start?

the yz has absolutly nothing on a new ktm 250sx. the ktm's have the best motors out there for 2 strokes and 4 strokes. plus the fit and finish on the ktm is top notch. they make changes and better the bike every year. yz's have been the same for years and years, they are the most over rated bike out there.

i like the rm's, but the kx's are killer race bikes. have a awsome motor with a hit like a 2 stroke shoudl have.

Yea i didnt mention the KTM not becuase i dont like it but because i dont really have experience with it and didnt want to give bad info. Looks like a real nice bike tho. Never really thought about the KX, was trying to keep the bikes as new as possible. Still its a good bike.

well the tracks vary like i said, i ride at some some tight tracks then open tracks too, id love to get a ktm but it just doesnt fit my budget sorry i forgot to mention that in the original post, so it seems to be between the rm and yz

WHY???? The KTM isn't any higher than the YZ in fact the msrp show the yz to be $500 more than the sx and if your buying used you can even beat that..

WHY???? The KTM isn't any higher than the YZ in fact the msrp show the yz to be $500 more than the sx and if your buying used you can even beat that..

I think hes talking about the prices for used bikes. KTMs tend to be priced higher and there are less availible then YZs at least near where I live.