HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4strokeFMXRider

Best 250 2 Stroke race bike

63 posts in this topic

hey everyone, i need to know whats the best 250 2 stroke for strictly motocross, my size is 6 foot and 145 pounds if it helps and tracks are varying between sandy loam to nice moist dirt, thanks everyone

I am the same height at 155 and love my 07 RM250. Its a blast to rail turns and the motor is great. It does get a little wild at speed but thats all the funny:smirk:.

Depends on two things really. First, if you are buying a new bike then a YZ 250 is the best option.

But, if your buying used then you have 2 choices, if you ride outdoor style tracks then the YZ would be best, but if you ride more tight arena style tracks then the RM250 would probably be your better choice.

Depends on two things really. First, if you are buying a new bike then a YZ 250 is the best option.

But, if your buying used then you have 2 choices, if you ride outdoor style tracks then the YZ would be best, but if you ride more tight arena style tracks then the RM250 would probably be your better choice.

where to start?

the yz has absolutly nothing on a new ktm 250sx. the ktm's have the best motors out there for 2 strokes and 4 strokes. plus the fit and finish on the ktm is top notch. they make changes and better the bike every year. yz's have been the same for years and years, they are the most over rated bike out there.

i like the rm's, but the kx's are killer race bikes. have a awsome motor with a hit like a 2 stroke shoudl have.

where to start?

the yz has absolutly nothing on a new ktm 250sx. the ktm's have the best motors out there for 2 strokes and 4 strokes. plus the fit and finish on the ktm is top notch. they make changes and better the bike every year. yz's have been the same for years and years, they are the most over rated bike out there.

i like the rm's, but the kx's are killer race bikes. have a awsome motor with a hit like a 2 stroke shoudl have.

Yea i didnt mention the KTM not becuase i dont like it but because i dont really have experience with it and didnt want to give bad info. Looks like a real nice bike tho. Never really thought about the KX, was trying to keep the bikes as new as possible. Still its a good bike.

well the tracks vary like i said, i ride at some some tight tracks then open tracks too, id love to get a ktm but it just doesnt fit my budget sorry i forgot to mention that in the original post, so it seems to be between the rm and yz

If you cant afford a ktm and ride a mix of tracks then i would say the YZ would probably be your best choice.

well the tracks vary like i said, i ride at some some tight tracks then open tracks too, id love to get a ktm but it just doesnt fit my budget sorry i forgot to mention that in the original post, so it seems to be between the rm and yz

WHY???? The KTM isn't any higher than the YZ in fact the msrp show the yz to be $500 more than the sx and if your buying used you can even beat that..

I ride a CR250R but If I weighed only 145 I would be riding a KTM150sx.

True dont know why i didnt think of this. That would be a good choice.

WHY???? The KTM isn't any higher than the YZ in fact the msrp show the yz to be $500 more than the sx and if your buying used you can even beat that..

I think hes talking about the prices for used bikes. KTMs tend to be priced higher and there are less availible then YZs at least near where I live.

Everyone is going to have their own opinion and most likely promote their bike or brand. Get the newest bike in the best shape that you can afford. All of the newer 250 2 strokes make great race bikes.

525tom, i realize that people are going to i was hoping that people who own some of the bikes would actually chime on, oh and how do you like your yz?

Any modern 250 2stroke is good.

I think the YZ250 though is the best all around bike. I love this bike more than the ones I had before, 4s and 2s.

Just my 2c.

I still prefer the ergonomics of the CR250, but that's just me. Comfort and predictability is important to me, and my lap times. If not a Honda , then please go with a YZ or KTM - someone that still builds a two-stroke. They sell excellent bikes.