Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cbwood

Crank kit opinions

7 posts in this topic

Has any one here used the Wisco crank and gasket kit for the '06-'09 450's? How did it go? Also does anyone know how the crank portion compares to the Hot Rods crank? And lastly is there any good source (possibly a kit) for the remaining lower end bearings and seals? Trying to get it all on the bench before I open things up.

I have not heard of the issues with the wisco crank and rod but would appreciate any input. Can you elaborate some. Just trying to make good decisions.

I have not heard of the issues with the wisco crank and rod but would appreciate any input. Can you elaborate some. Just trying to make good decisions.
wiseco sucks ass for cranks!! good pistons but stay away from their cranks!! so many stories of them grenading with only a few hrs.!! hot rods or oem ONLY, end of story.

Bingo...

There's been a rather large number of crank failures on this website alone. I personally witnessed (no shit here) 6 fail locally this summer causing catastrophic failure to the rest of the engine. Do a bit of searching around here and you'll see what I'm referring to.

And no, I personally have no issue with wiseco other than their decision to sell chinese cranks to their loyal customers. I actually run and love their pistons, always have.