any suggestions on a reliable hour meter - 2010 yz450f ?

Just got a new leftover 2010 yz450f and am looking for an inexpensive hour meter (obviously it will need to be EFI compatible).

I found a works connection hour meter (~40$) I assume should be reliable, but I don't necessarily need the rpm/tachometer feature.

http://worksconnection.com/details.php?id=722&modyear=425&return=425-7-YZ450F

does anybody know if this one is good -or- if I could save a few bucks with a different hour meter that would also be reliable?

I'm trying to stay away from the chinese ebay specials.

thanks for any input!

There is no reason not to use the internal hour meter, why would you want anything different?

I agree its my favorite feature but he said he didn't have the funds for it yet. Although keep in mine if you do plan on getting the tuner in near future your hour reading will always be there and be accurate so you can keep track the regular old way (mentally) until then.

But any hour meter will work and has nothing to do with FI so whatever suits your needs!

well even with the power tuner I would have to plug it in every time i wanted to see my total hours ? I mean yeah that's great it will display the hours when plugged in BUT I can see myself eventually wearing out the contacts on the plug in harness after checking it at the end of each day ? am I missing something here ?

well even with the power tuner I would have to plug it in every time i wanted to see my total hours ? I mean yeah that's great it will display the hours when plugged in BUT I can see myself eventually wearing out the contacts on the plug in harness after checking it at the end of each day ? am I missing something here ?
I'm afraid I'm missing something. Why on Earth would it be that important to know how many hours you put on the bike each day?

I'm afraid I'm missing something. Why on Earth would it be that important to know how many hours you put on the bike each day?

?? well if you plan on changing your oil every 3-4 hours and you are wondering if you rode close to that or over that time after a long day ?

?? well if you plan on changing your oil every 3-4 hours and you are wondering if you rode close to that or over that time after a long day ?

After about 4-5 days of looking at the meter, you should have a fair idea of how much you ride in a day of any length. It isn't that important that it be right exactly on time, anyway.