HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ofgofg

2003 wr450f plastics?

7 posts in this topic

I just bought a 2003 wr450. Its been modified by previous owners. Right now all I want to do is put new plastics on, and go with a factory headlight shroud. Would also like to install a dual element headlight bulb in to a stock shroud. This bike will be made 100% street legal. I think it allready is, but little things like high and low beams, electric horn, and turn signals would be nice.

So, I found acerbis plastic kits on ebay for 2005 model bikes. Will those fit my 03 model? If not, where do I buy a 2003 specific plastic kit? thanks!

phonepics056.jpg

Edited by ofgofg

The radiator shrouds are not interchangeable between 2003 and 2005. SIDE COVER ASSY 3 (SKU: 5TJ-21730-00-00) fits 2003 and 2004 WR's. In 2005, Yamaha began to use YZ plastic on the WR's. Call Acerbis , they may still have 2003 kits laying around. Telephone:

208-622-1005

Just a little more info. The previous owner said it has yz cams, throttle stop, grey wire mod, and then theres the freed up exhaust. All I can say is it really ripps! This thing pulls like no other thumper I have ever ridden. Yes its geared short because of the small wheels,, but it just flat ripps. Going up hill on a twisty little section called little park road it has no lack of power. Really a fun hooligan bike.

Mostly I just want to replace the acerbis cyclops light with a stock looking unit, or perhaps a baja designs piece,, and the rear fender is a little discolored from flexing alot.

I like the fact that it idles well, and does not stall or bog,, it just.....yeah, ripps!