Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
748*2Risk

9 Volt Horn

4 posts in this topic

I have a '98 WR400 that I wired up myself to use blinkers on an AC system (no battery) and everything works fine. Only problem is the lack of horn when I tried to wire in a 12 volt horn, just didn't have the juice to run it. I know some guys have used a peizo (Sp) 9 volt alarm as a horn but I just don't know where to get it or how to wire the horn itself. I have a horn switch on my bike now.

The WR400F generator is more than capable of running two 12v automotive disk horns. However, they won't work on AC. You'll need to convert your lighting circuit to rectified DC to be able to use them.

The WR400F generator is more than capable of running two 12v automotive disk horns. However, they won't work on AC. You'll need to convert your lighting circuit to rectified DC to be able to use them.

Mine works fine on AC.

I am running one of these:

https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-122001/Horn%2c+D.c.+%28dsk%29

And yes I know it says DC maybe you should call Baja Designs.

You'll need to convert your lighting circuit to rectified DC to be able to use them.
I'm good with keeping it as simple as possible, I think I will try an old Harley horn I have that kind of looks like that BD one. I know there is one that guys used that was some sort of horn with a 9 volt battery in it that was sold at Radio Shack - could be discontinued.