polishing exhaust?

If it's really bad (baked on dirt and grime) I use an SOS pad to get it clean, then some fine sand paper to get it silver, then some steel wool to get a good shine to it. This gives it a nice "like new" look, but if you want you can keep going finer with steel wool and then metal polish until it really shines, but it's a lot of work to go that far.

I usually scrub mine with grey(fine) scuff pad with wd-40. They can be bought at an autobody supply place. I use the same scuff pad to clean the frame up as well.

I might have those somewhere here got some green ones I know that I think lowes has them too next to the green ones.

Might give that stuff a try once my mothers runs out, the price sure is good.

that does sound like some work, mine isn't bad at all I usually wipe it down with wd-40 every wash but its just a little brown. Might try some steerl wool and some mothers + 12pk + loud music + pizza + elbow grease!

Yea!!! haha, sounds like a plan woohoo!

i use (never dull) its like soft steel wool with the polish soaked in already, n for the frame n reall dirty spots i use the sandin pads i had left over from a headlight cleanin kit, it has a drill attachment to save them elbows, but always finish with a nice soft n clean sham!!

Thanks for the tips guys. I scrubbed with a scotch bite and wd-40 then ended up wet sanding it with 1000 and 2000 grit sandpaper and then polishing it with mothers. Some off it shined like chrome. I didn't get all the discoloration out but overall turned out better than expected and looks pretty nice (for now). I will try some other stuff you guys mentioned next time but I had this stuff on hand already.

Edited by tech24

Thanks for the tips guys. I scrubbed with a scotch bite and wd-40 then ended up wet sanding it with 1000 and 2000 grit sandpaper and then polishing it with mothers. Some off it shined like chrome. I didn't get all the discoloration out but overall turned out better than expected and looks pretty nice (for now). I will try some other stuff you guys mentioned next time but I had this stuff on hand already.

Can you post a picture?

Can you post a picture?

Crap I knew this question was coming. I should've done a before and after which I thought of right after I bolted it back on. Not sure if I can get a good pic with it on the bike. If I remember my camera I'll try this weekend.

How long does the shine last for you guys?

I'm just curious as to how much effort goes in terms of rides/washes.

I don't know but I'm gonna assume not very long but I figure if I do it every repack then it won't get totally nasty over time.