looking for a fast sport atv for cheap

I am looking for a fast! sport quad but not really trying to spend too much more than around 1500 and not really concerned what year it is as long as it looks pretty good n runs good. What do you suggest i look for or should get? I am around 6' 2 or 3 and 200lbs

thanks

Edited by laxwarriorx2

The Honda and Suzuki 400's and the Raptor 700 are best if you are a trail rider. All have good handling and good suspension. The Honda is the slowest but has an engine that will run trouble free for years and years. The Suzuki is faster, but I never liked mine because it alway jumped nose low. The Raptor is a torque monster, but falls a little flat on the top end. Raptor is a little bigger, so it might fit a big guy better.

The 450's are a step up from the trail quads in terms of speed, handling, etc. Keep in mind however that they are higher maintenance and will need more frequent oil changes, valve adjustments, and rebuilds. These engines like to rev, so I don't like any them at all as tight technical trail quads. I like the Honda for open desert, and the Yamaha for fast trails, jumping, and play riding (informal MX).

What can you get for just $1,500??? Can't say what things are like in your area, but you may find someone desperate for a sale and get lucky. I would say that an inexpensive 450 is more likely to have a spent engine, than one of the trail quads.

My 400EX is 10+ years old now and still going strong, and it is by far the best all-around machine I have ever owned!!!

Do not get a 350 warrior/raptor. Those things are turds on wheels. And if you want fast AND cheap, then get a banshee or a 400ex. The banshee is very cheap, but it's hard to find one that hasn't been opened up and possibly ruined. The 400ex is solid, but that doesn't mean that you can ride it hard and not take care of it.

If money is a long term issue then you might want to invest in a different sport. After you get the quad you'll need gear, oil, filters, gas, and whatever breaks while you're riding. This is not a cheap sport to get into.

I'm not trying to turn you away from this sport, i'm just letting you know that these things are going to happen

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...