Racer X comments on the 450

Every review I read they bitch about the intake sound and how "distracting" it is. It almost seems like they just say it, because other people have said it in the first reviews. Kinda bugs me cause I really really didn't notice it on my bike, I really have no idea what the hell they are talking about????

I know they're pro riders but still, is it really that loud??? No it's not!

I also wonder about that intake noise everyboy is talking about.

I haven´t ridden my -11 yet ( Not even started it in fact) But I remember when I rode a -10 this past summer I did not hear anything special.

So I don´t really agree on all this "intake noise" talk ??

Seriously. I think the intake noise is cool as well. Makes it feel even more like you are driving a beast. I recognize it because on my street bike I took off the snorkle to the air box and got a lot more intake noise, and it is located under the tank as well. Air filters under the tank or up front is the way of the future!!!

Even though one of the comments said to the effect all the bikes are close and could win on any given day I can't help but notice all but one picked the suzuki. I say congrats, they havn't won a shoot out in years.

My wonder : what have Suzuki changed on the -11 450 compared to -1" ?

I got thought it was almost unchanged ?

My wonder : what have Suzuki changed on the -11 450 compared to -1" ?

I got thought it was almost unchanged ?

I read something somewhere that explained that quite well.

Sometimes, some brands make changes that end up making the bike worse while other brands make no changes to a bike that didn't do well the previous year and it opens the door for another brand to wheel out a BNG that takes the win with last years bike.

Back when there were two-stroke 2 and 3 cylinder road bikes, THAT was when there was intake noise. ?

What about the 4 cylinder two-strokes??

Gives new meaning to the sound, "whooooaaaaaaaaazzzziiiiiiiiinnnggg"

The 450F is quiet.