HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Krannie McKranface

They're baa-ack. And they are very SMART.

11 posts in this topic

very cool!!!! :thumbsup: is it modified stock or just completely after market? how much did u put yah back? might do that for my bike :p:mad:

very cool!!!! :thumbsup: is it modified stock or just completely after market? how much did u put yah back? might do that for my bike :p:mad:

The cost of the PHASE 4 fork conversion, plus a shock re-valve is about $420 before shipping.

That's about half the cost of what I was quoted by one of the Big Boys doing suspension work in Corona.

This is not your typical 'swap around a few shim stacks to match the last forks we did' re-valve, either. It is comprehensive!

If springs are needed that adds about $190, ($95 each end).

I added a ultra-trick shock bumper which is about $65, but I only did that because of the bike/rider weight combo. I am a Giant..................

Rode again today on the new suspension. Way too muddy to tell too much, but the back end is a MAJOR improvement. Bike flies and lands like never before. Feels lighter.

It tracks great sitting down or standing up. The bike no longer squats in the back, so when you wick the throttle, the front end stands right up. Much easier to loft the wheel at the last minute.

Still working on the front end: I can't tell if it's packing down too soon, or not rebounding fast enough, but it's a little stiff.

Still a bit hard on the hands and shoulders at slower speeds (2nd and 3rd).

It might be the rear pushing up too fast too, I just can't tell yet......

Edited by Krannie

Rode again today on the new suspension. Way too muddy to tell too much, but the back end is a MAJOR improvement. Bike flies and lands like never before. Feels lighter.

It tracks great sitting down or standing up. The bike no longer squats in the back, so when you wick the throttle, the front end stands right up. Much easier to loft the wheel at the last minute.

Still working on the front end: I can't tell if it's packing down too soon, or not rebounding fast enough, but it's a little stiff.

Still a bit hard on the hands and shoulders at slower speeds (2nd and 3rd).

It might be the rear pushing up too fast too, I just can't tell yet......

I found I had to add a couple clicks of rebound to the forks from the settings Dave recomended. Was packing a bit.

I found I had to add a couple clicks of rebound to the forks from the settings Dave recomended. Was packing a bit.

You are saying add MORE rebound to reduce packing? I don't understand how that would work....

You are saying add MORE rebound to reduce packing? I don't understand how that would work....

Yeah that sounds backwards. Clicking out so the forks rebound MORE but reducing rebound dampening.

sorry brain fart :p

Yeah that sounds backwards. Clicking out so the forks rebound MORE but reducing rebound dampening.

sorry brain fart :p

Well you never know. It took me a week to get the concept of the smaller leak jet giving you more apump squirt, so.........