Rear Suspension "Q" ??

The other night while I was performing the free mods, I had the sub-frame off and I had good access to the rear shock. I weigh about 245 lbs. ?, so I decided I would adjust my rear shock for a little more preload. I screwed the two adjusting nuts down approx. 1-1/4" and the bike feels alot better. It doesn't squat down so much when I sit on it. The only thing I'm wondering is, should I tighten up my rebound on the rear so the rear swingarm isn't limiting down quite so hard when I come off of a jump? When I set the bike on the kickstand, I can feel the suspension come all the way to the top limits. Is this a bad thing, should I soften back up a little bit? I'm brand new at this and any help is appreciated. Also do I need to do anything to the front to compensate. Thanks, Chuck :D

When I set the bike on the kickstand, I can feel the suspension come all the way to the top limits. Is this a bad thing,

I don't think you want that. There has to be a certain amount of 'free sag'(difference between rear axle and a spot on rear fender directly above it. measure with the bike on a stand and them measure with the bike on the wheels, but no rider onboard - the difference between these two measurements is the free sag.) Not sure about your model, DRZ calls for about 30mm of free sag. If you have the spring that compressed, you most likely need to go to a stiffer spring.

Here's a good link to setting sag. LINK

I had the same issue until I got my 5.8 rear. Overloading the preload may make the bike turn better but it will kill you in the whoops & jumps. Just get the 5.8 kg rear spring now. I am 230lbs using the 5.8KG Race Tech spring with 11.25" free length. ?

Once I went with the stiffer rear spring, I had no problems handling stuff that normally beat me up. The bike is a bit taller, she doesn't compress as much, the little bumps don't abuse me like they used to, and she is much easier to control. Landing after a jump is a joy, she sucks up the abuse and keeps scootin'!!

Get a stiffer spring, It will be the best money you spend on that bike after jets!!

Racemile