'03 yz450f

Just bought a '03 YZ450F. So far bike seems to run great. Looking for any pointers on thumpers. Anyone have any advice for me on maintenance? This is my first 4-stoke. Came off a '95 CR250.

Also need to get some new tires. Any recommendations? I do mostly mid-atlantic trails and some track riding.

Thanks,

Adam

i had the same bike, probably my favorite. i did a 6oz flywheel and geared it high. your oil should be chnged with the oil filter after or every other ride. i always ran kenda carlsbad tires since they lasted the longest. the dr.d pipe seems to be the best mod for bottom and mid range power. there is a lowering link for the rear you can get and some offset triple clamps cuz the front end likes to push.

i bought one new still have it. now days it gets ridden in the woods. i havent done anything but keep it serviced. it was on race track for 2 years. have checked vavle tol. a jillion times and never adjusted. i too geared mine up. luv the 4 speed. easy wheelin scoot. ride 09 now.

I've got an 03 too.

Aside from the oil/air filter, I would suggest you check your swingarm bushings, wheel bearings, steering head bearings, rear shock bearings, etc. sooner than later.

I left mine a little too long apparently, and I had to replace more than I wanted to. I don't do a whole lot of riding, but I'm still going to pull it all apart once a year, just to make sure they still have grease.