KTM 300 Power Valve Adjustment

I checked the screw its all the way out, what else could be wrong with the power valve to not kick in?

Next you could pull off the access cover above the powervalve adjuster, and have a look at the actuator rod. It has a "ball & Socket" arrangement that possibly could have been left apart, you can also have a look at the gearing that is actuated by this rod, perhaps somehting has come apart there as well.

-t

• 3 weeks later...

I had an old CR 250 handed down to me that had power valve issues. Who ever tore it down last put the primary gear in backwards. It was engaged enough into the flywheel to make it run, but not running the waterpump. The powervalve operates off the waterpump. Just something else to look into.. hope it helps

• 6 months later...

I also have an older 300 from 99 and I want to adjust the power valve screw. Any ideia how much should I move to test changes? Should I do a full rotation, is it really sensitive and only requires tiny change, how does it work?

I also have an older 300 from 99 and I want to adjust the power valve screw. Any ideia how much should I move to test changes? Should I do a full rotation, is it really sensitive and only requires tiny change, how does it work?

yeah i have a 97 300 and i would like to know as well

Hi, could anyone tell me how to adjust the power vavle on a 98 KTM 300? thanks

Flush gives a harder hit. Screwing it in gives a softer hit. Maybe you should start changing springs. Green softest, Yellow, then Red. There is also a blue one I believe. I run the yellow one here in the Pacific Northwest. I run the screw in 2 1/2 turns. Works great and I also run the Dyna Ring. This set up gives me a instant, but manageable response.

2009 300XC

• Like 1