Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pgdirtman

Odometer

12 posts in this topic

Does anyone have an odometer off of a late model WR that they would sell? Mine seems to have lost a screw that holds the stem in. Thanks. PG

Yes

It's from my 2002 426 wr. I replaced the unit with an endurance computer. I also have the cable. I rode around 600 km before making the change. Send me a pm if you are interested.

I might sell mine off my WR450, it had around 50 miles on it when I removed it. What are complete units selling for???

Dirtman.......highly subjective on my part. But do yourself a favor and get a TrailTech. Much lighter and a lot more features. :)

Ditto on the Trailtech. I have a brand new stock 450 odometer for you, but its km/hr (Canadian). If you are a laboratory scientist by trade, physicist, etc, maybe you think in metric. If so, its yours. :):D :D

Thanks for all the posts. I actually super glued the stem back on and it seems to be holding for now. I only use it for a reference and not in competition so any replcement would do. Thanks again, PG

What do you guys use to fill the space left on the shaft when the original odometer is removed?

I tried a YZ426 spacer :) but I'm not sure if it's well fitted with the hub because of the male part of the odometer ( the two teeth) that exceeds from the hub...

I just put a rubber plug over the odo drive unit cable connector. Seems to work fine, its been on there for 3 years.

> I tried a YZ426 spacer but I'm not sure if it's well fitted with the hub because of the male part of the odometer ( the two teeth) that exceeds from the hub...

Been using this method for over two years now - this is definitely the way to go if you don't plan to put the thing back on. Those two teeth are only thetre to drive the odometer gears - nothing wrong with them.

For my WR450, I went to a plumbing supply store here in Calif. and found a copper plumbing cap that screwed right on the thread. Don't know the exact size, but I think it was about 3/8".