2010 YZ450F exhaust system??

go the drd slipp on the headder stock is pretty good so just a slipp on. drd makes the best exhaust for all yammies

your bike looks killer....

Thanks...really happy with how everything turned out

+1 who did your graphics?

http://www.limiteddecal.com/ awesome customer service

go the drd slipp on the headder stock is pretty good so just a slipp on. drd makes the best exhaust for all yammies

For the 10' 11' yz450f I strongly disagree:lame: The Drd has less peak hp than stock, blows the packing out in under 6hrs, and sounds like a soup can with a hole cut in it. :cheers:

Yes the 2011 model is longer and I was told by the Yosh tech support that it was for sound reasons only and no performance was gained nor lossed. I do like the look of the shorter exhaust but the longer one isn't that bad.

DSC06308.jpg

That's what I expected, the performance is great nontheless. If there's a down side to this exaust it would be weight, 1.2 lbs heavier than stock on my scale. I like the look of the shorter one too! And A+ on the design work.:cheers:

Just noticed that the FMF is a great price for their titanium/stainless 4.1 slip on. 20$ more than the MRD but with a titanium shell. That's what the specs say anyways...

ImageHandler.ashx?itemid=044338&catid=280&h=370&w=460&1.jpg

Does this FMF slip on perform like the MRD? The way I understand it is that the stocker tapers down inside to a smaller dimension and the MRD has a larger opening which helps with top and maybe takes away a little down low?

The way I understand it is that the stocker tapers down inside to a smaller dimension and the MRD has a larger opening which helps with top and maybe takes away a little down low?
You understand it mostly correctly except for two points:

• There is no loss in low end due to removing the diameter reduction at the outlet.
  • "Tapers down" is an extremely kind way to describe what the stock muffler does. :cheers:

Does this FMF slip on perform like the MRD? The way I understand it is that the stocker tapers down inside to a smaller dimension and the MRD has a larger opening which helps with top and maybe takes away a little down low?

I just replaced my stock muffler (2010 yz450f) with MRD, and here is my "unofficial seat-of-the-pants" impression

(Gray this is slightly contradicting your comments, but this is what I felt.)

- slight loss of the abrupt low end hit

- definitely notice more power at higher RPM

- lastly (and a surprise) was; I finally could really hear the intake "honk" many people talked about, but only after installing the more open muffler . . . strange.

There is a difference in diameter of opening, but I was surprised how little difference it was between stock. Apparently a small diff in diameter makes quite a difference!

I haven't heard one person say Akraporvic? What's wrong with this pipe on the 10/11 bike

Its too expensive.haha.Not many people want to shell out over $1000 for a pipe

Its too expensive.haha.Not many people want to shell out over $1000 for a pipe

I thought I seen a slip-on for $600 on ebay. Besides the price and the fact that make great products what do we know about this pipe on this bike

I thought I seen a slip-on for $600 on ebay. Besides the price and the fact that make great products what do we know about this pipe on this bike

The MRD (Mechanical Research & Development) slip on was under $300, and it's built like the proverbial "brick sh*t house".:cheers:

Really tough stuff, can take a beatin'

http://www.mrd-racing.com/page04.html

I haven't heard one person say Akraporvic? What's wrong with this pipe on the 10/11 bike

Great pipe, just very expensive. If they were close in price to yoshi i may have bought one, but I'm VERY happy with the yoshi exhaust! Great power increase across the board as well as being rubber mounted to when it gets hit it doesnt bend the exhaust as easily!

I know there expensive, thus the reason I didn't buy one for my new ZX10R

The MRD (Mechanical Research & Development) slip on was under $300, and it's built like the proverbial "brick sh*t house".:cheers:

Really tough stuff, can take a beatin'

http://www.mrd-racing.com/page04.html

Correction, $487 or best offer for slip-on. I don't see a need for a full system on the 2010/11 do you? I haven't taken a spin on the bike yet but besides weight (of an aftermarket exhaust) does a 1.8 or 2.5 increase in HP make that much of difference on a dirtbike? I'm just trying to justify it over stock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-11-Yamaha-YZF450-YZ450F-Akrapovic-S-O-Exhaust-TI-W-S-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d2e2b0ffaQQitemZ400206532602QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Correction, $487 or best offer for slip-on. I don't see a need for a full system on the 2010/11 do you? I haven't taken a spin on the bike yet but besides weight (of an aftermarket exhaust) does a 1.8 or 2.5 increase in HP make that much of difference on a dirtbike? I'm just trying to justify it over stock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-11-Yamaha-YZF450-YZ450F-Akrapovic-S-O-Exhaust-TI-W-S-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d2e2b0ffaQQitemZ400206532602QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

IMO, it's definitely worth it. My bro has a bone stock 2010, I have a 2010 w/yoshi rs-4 full system and I leave him in the dust. The bike pulls so much more on top its almost unfair lol.

I thought I read that the Akro pipe was the pipe of choice for the '10 YZ450 according to MXA. Just expensive.

IMO, it's definitely worth it. My bro has a bone stock 2010, I have a 2010 w/yoshi rs-4 full system and I leave him in the dust. The bike pulls so much more on top its almost unfair lol.

There is ALSO big diff between stock vs. stock header/aftermarket slip on.

Definitely pulls harder on top with MRD muffler, compared to stock muffler.

so for the 2011 would you recommend a slip-on or full

so for the 2011 would you recommend a slip-on or full

A slip-on, since stock header/mid pipe is good design.

MRD has done flow testing on stock header/midpipe, it flows well. The stock silencer is the culprit.

Like I said, there was a significant difference just changing the silencer.

A slip-on, since stock header/mid pipe is good design.

MRD has done flow testing on stock header/midpipe, it flows well. The stock silencer is the culprit.

Like I said, there was a significant difference just changing the silencer.

Sounds good but after adding a slip-on are you guys also adding a power commander (PCIII or PC V). I guess what I'm asking is that after you replace the stock exhaust with an aftermarket slip-on what else needs to be done