2010 YZ450F exhaust system??

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know about the best but I have a FMF 4.1 that works real good for mine and am satisfied with the power delivery and the way it sounds.

I think this exhaust made for a better hitting low end. As for as air filters just get twin air they work well or the GYTR. I have two of each and do the job as long as you clean them after every ride.

If your looking for performance only and not weight then go with the MRD slip on. The stock header and mid pipe are pretty decent. You can get the slip on for under 300$, totally worth the money.

If you want the bling factor then Yosh is the way to go

If your looking for performance only and not weight then go with the MRD slip on. The stock header and mid pipe are pretty decent. You can get the slip on for under 300$, totally worth the money.

If you want the bling factor then Yosh is the way to go

I have the mrd pipe and it works great and you can't beat the price or quality.

There's a shitty pic of it in an online review for it if you search through google. Looks like it puffs out a bit and adds extra surface area for more air flow.

I think personally you'll only see a decent benefit if you do some porting/cam work to the bike however. Just my opinion however.

Motocross Action did a great test and recomends the Yosh, realy opens up the top end and adds everywhere. You can get a full stainless/aluminum/Carbon Fiber End-cap system for less than $500 on E-bay.

Do you have to with the exhaust header to change the oil filter with the Yosh exhaust?

Do you know if the DRD radiator lowering kit will work with that pipe?

Is jetting necessary after installing?

Thanks!

Id love to see one of these DT1 filter kits.Never seen a picture of one and last I checked there was nothing on their site.

http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Yamaha/News/MXA-PRODUCT-TEST-DT1-FACTORY-AIR-FLOW-YZ450F-KIT-7106.aspx

Do you have to f*%k with the exhaust header to change the oil filter with the Yosh exhaust?

Do you know if the DRD radiator lowering kit will work with that pipe?

Is jetting necessary after installing?

Thanks!

This is talk about the 2010. The pipe is NOWHERE NEAR any type of filter, and the DRD Kit will work with every pipe on the 2010-11

Isn´t Doug Dubach Yamaha´s long time test/development rider !

And also makes the pipes for GYTR ?

Thought they would be one of the better pipes for the Yami´s ??

Ive used DRD pipes in the past and liked them. They just seemed to run down quik if ya know what I mean.

It seemed the canister would get old looking after about a year and the DRD plate would get faded from the heat. You could get a new plate for $10.00 and re rivit it on.

The DRD had good power and I like it all but how well the canister lasted. I guess if I polished it more often it would have looked better. I had the Stainlees can.

I now have switched to FMF and I'm really pleased with its performance and wear. The FMF stickers on the sides of the pipe have held up real well from the heat and have not faded in a years time.

The power is strong and the sound of the pipe is ausome. It has a great tone and mellow sound to it. My FMF is Titanium so I guess that makes a difference in how it looks in a years time compared to a SS canister.

Dr.d is garbage don't buy it!
Intriguing statement, backed up by nothing. I have two of them, and no problems with either except for the matter of the interference with the oil filter cover.
They just seemed to run down quik if ya know what I mean.

It seemed the canister would get old looking after about a year and the DRD plate would get faded from the heat.

The DRD had good power and I like it all but how well the canister lasted. I guess if I polished it more often it would have looked better. I had the Stainlees can.

I guess that makes a difference in how it looks in a years time compared to a SS canister.

The muffler can on the DRD SS systems are aluminum, as are all of the non-carbon FMF cans that I'm aware of. if you keep the packing up, the badge holds up fine. All exhausts loose their bling over time, and the FMF Ti4 I had on my '03 was no different. By the time I sold that bike, the first bend of the header was permanently "dirt" colored. From there back to the muffler, a Ti pipe does tend to stay a little nicer looking in the long run than stainless, but SS takes well to being cleaned up with steel wool.

But that's all about what it looks like and not how it works.