Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mitch179

Suspension sag help

5 posts in this topic

I just got a 2009 YZ450F and I want to set the sag. What kind of sag are you guys running on this bike?

I have a background in street / road race bikes (quite new to dirt bikes) and I know it's very important to set your sags, do you do front and rear like on a street bike or just the rear? Reason I ask is, I find most info only mentions the rear sag and not the front...?

The front really isn't adjustable on the front with a dirt bike like it is on many street bikes. To start with, if you are using stock springs, you should weigh in at around 175-185 more or less for the rates to be right.

Rider sag in the rear should be around 95-100. I usually recommend pulling the fork tubes up about 5mm as well.

I clearly had a massive brain fart considering I forgot there was no preload adjustment on the front!

I would weigh in at about 75kg which is close to 175 in your money :excuseme:

Thanks heaps for the info, I'll go set it up!

I had a few last week when it came to forks. I was insisting to a few friends and even online forums that the 06 YZ forks were just regular ol' forks, not SSS.

Now I know why my buddies were giving me the ???? look all night.

I clearly had a massive brain fart considering I forgot there was no preload adjustment on the front!

I would weigh in at about 75kg which is close to 175 in your money :excuseme:

Thanks heaps for the info, I'll go set it up!