HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ETP

WR450 noise from chain area

5 posts in this topic

Maybe some of you guys have experienced this.

I started hearing a clunking noise at slow speeds. Seems to be coming from the chain area on the left side of the bike, which has about 1000 miles logged. I kinda remember hearing some of you TTr's discussing this awhile back. Is the chain too loose? It seems OK. Maybe its a guard loose?

It's just chain slap. Make sure you have it adjusted properly and ride on! I think all big bore bikes see this. I've got the high end sidewinder tri molly chain and mine still makes a noise. At first I thought it was valve slap until I rode my buddy's KTM 520 and heard the same thing. :)

Get a tube of stuff called shoe goop, put a thin layer under the top of the chain slider,between the rubber and the swingarm. this cuts down on the slapping noise... alot. :)