HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tjr_84

Input on a 1998 yz400f?

6 posts in this topic

I recently bought a 1998 yz400f and wanted some more input on these bike, whats your take on them?

What imput are you after ?

I run a '98 YZ400, use it for desert riding for which it is a great bike. Very reliable, good power spread and delivery, with the group I ride with I have no problem keeping up with newere model 450's (and larger)

Yep, I have a 98 yz400 too and it is a wonderful bike. I have other bikes but I compared it to an 06 crf450r and a 05 yz450. Honestly the thing was about the same on speed. The difference was in smoother power and more torque with the 450's. I found the 400 to be a little brutal and hot rod feeling where the others were just easy. Mine is a great trail bike and will probably be around for a long time.

I have the 99 400 its hard to start but still workin on it other than that great bike keeps up with my buddys 05 crf 450

I have two buddies that own 99's and they are great bikes. I rebuilt one because the previous owner abused it and the other is still going strong. I would recommend the decompression mod though. I did this mod to both bikes unless you dont mind the starting technique thing.