Stock '07 with stiffer springs: Better??

Rode the WR today with the .52 / 6.0.

At first I thought it was better, but it is just different.

It sits taller front and back (sag @ 4"/1") and the front, but it blows through the front stroke as soon as you get going. Deflects so badly at mid stroke it is startling. Rebound is barley there, as the bike will literally jump out of a corner rut/berm and land in full understeer. I have broken levers to prove it............

Front clickers at 14/14 in from fully soft.

Rear is much better, though it has similar issues. LS compression at max, HS at 1 full turn in from stock.

Bottom line for me?

It was better stock:

It will need re-valving, period.

Oh, and man that 739at front tire is dangerous!!!!

well.... atleast you know dave j is waiting to fix them...

i would have thought it might be a atleast a little better.... i have heard that front tire is like riding on ice.. we rode last saturday after 1.5 inches of rain. it was like riding on flat concrete tires all day... no fun at all.. snapped a lever on mine too..

well.... atleast you know dave j is waiting to fix them...

i would have thought it might be a atleast a little better.... i have heard that front tire is like riding on ice.. we rode last saturday after 1.5 inches of rain. it was like riding on flat concrete tires all day... no fun at all.. snapped a lever on mine too..

I noticed the tire bottomed out on the rim, with 15psi, too. That's not good.

I noticed the tire bottomed out on the rim, with 15psi, too. That's not good.

15psi and my bike would be unridable for me. Ever try less than 10? The handling difference will be astounding.

I run 8-8.5psi with Moose heavy duty tubes and I do not get pinch flats. The first pnch flat I got in years was recently riding a newly accuired RM250. Still had moto tubes in it and I pinch flatted, never have with a Moose tube.

To me the diference between 9.5 and 8.5psi can make the bike work or not.

15psi and my bike would be unridable for me. Ever try less than 10? The handling difference will be astounding.

I run 8-8.5psi with Moose heavy duty tubes and I do not get pinch flats. The first pnch flat I got in years was recently riding a newly accuired RM250. Still had moto tubes in it and I pinch flatted, never have with a Moose tube.

To me the diference between 9.5 and 8.5psi can make the bike work or not.

Yeah, I run low pressure in the desert, but at that particular riding area there are more rocks than dirt. I can sometimes get away with 11lb, but 13 is typical for me.

The tire I'm talking about feels flat with 15psi. You step on the sidewall with your boot tip and it just collapses. It's junk.

Yeah, I run low pressure in the desert, but at that particular riding area there are more rocks than dirt. I can sometimes get away with 11lb, but 13 is typical for me.

The tire I'm talking about feels flat with 15psi. You step on the sidewall with your boot tip and it just collapses. It's junk.

I'm running a Maxxis Desert IT on my bike and I'm also running about 13psi on average, the riding areas I visit usually have some pretty rocky areas and the wheel would be so dented it would be useless after a couple rides. Been lucky never to get a pinch flat in the four years I've been riding.

About the springs, Jsanfilippo changed the springs on his WR and seemed like he was satisfied with the result.

I'm running a Maxxis Desert IT on my bike and I'm also running about 13psi on average, the riding areas I visit usually have some pretty rocky areas and the wheel would be so dented it would be useless after a couple rides. Been lucky never to get a pinch flat in the four years I've been riding.

About the springs, Jsanfilippo changed the springs on his WR and seemed like he was satisfied with the result.

I had no compression damping adjustment left front or rear. I was full hard, and still pogo'd.

Oh, there's just a few rocks around here.....

On big rocks low pressure gives you good traction, same idea as a trials tire.

Try lower pressure, modern tires, tubes and rims can take it. Not to say my rims have no dents, but nothing making them worth replacing after over 450hrs of racing and riding hard in rocks and roots.

• 2 weeks later...