HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sc149

Powdercoating a Steel Frame YZ

4 posts in this topic

has anyone out there powdercoated their "steelie" frame yz? Is there a place in norcal anyone knows of who podercoats frames? any input regarding your experience would be cool. thanks

I know it has been done before. Be VERY careful and take your time taping up or otherwise plugging all the holes for the oil tank portion of the frame. There was a thread here years ago where a member (thumpsalad I believe was his user name) had his frame coated and some crud got into the oil tank and wiped out his entire motor.

You need to make sure to plug off the oil tank from the sand from sandblasting.Even after the frame is done you need to make sure to flush the tank out.I flushed mine out with kerosene about 3 times,oil,then kerosene,oil,kero,etc. I did that for about a whole day.In the end it worked out and had no engine problems.