HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
umu24013

Used Scotts oil filter?

11 posts in this topic

looks like mine.....i only paid about $70 brand new from Scott's website so they are not expensive brand new.

Did you have the black rubber gasket that goes in the recessed area on the inlet side?

No, I got it without the rubber seal:excuseme:

Is there a way to replace the seal with something else?

Umu-

what model bike is it for? It looks like a Yamaha filter but without having it in my hand it is hard to be sure. You can always take the seal off of your paper filter and install it in the steel filter until you can get a replacement from us. You can give me a call at 818-248-6747 and we can get one on you way.

Thanks-

Eric

Did you have the black rubber gasket that goes in the recessed area on the inlet side?

That, BTW, is the outlet side.

Umu-

what model bike is it for?

03 YZ450f

It looks like a Yamaha filter but without having it in my hand it is hard to be sure.

Maybe a more detailed pic would help?

You can always take the seal off of your paper filter and install it in the steel filter until you can get a replacement from us.

Thank you, I'll give it a try

You can always take the seal off of your paper filter and install it in the steel filter until you can get a replacement from us.

Be careful of two things when doing this:

1. The Scotts filter DOES NOT use a rubber base pad on the inboard (closed) end.
  2. Be sure the seal from the OEM type filter is thick enough to seal. The filter with the seal in place should hold the filter cover off the case slightly with the screws out.

If it won't do this, wait until you get the right one from Eric.

Be careful of two things when doing this:

1. The Scotts filter DOES NOT use a rubber base pad on the inboard (closed) end.
  2. Be sure the seal from the OEM type filter is thick enough to seal. The filter with the seal in place should hold the filter cover off the case slightly with the screws out.

If it won't do this, wait until you get the right one from Eric.

Thank you!

I've just ordered two replacement o-rings from Scotts Performance. $2.00 each