Anyone in the S.Jersey/Phila area?

I've been seeing you guys out west finding riding buddies, I figured I'd give the east coast riders a try. I know of some really cool places to ride in southern New Jersey. I usually ride on the weekends with two friends. We are beginner/intermediate skill level (some jumps, lots of single track, and some mx). Im in Delran NJ-about 15 miles northeast of center city Philadelphia.

Mike

[This message has been edited by flyinguitars (edited 02-28-2001).]

Hey bud, I live in Scranton, Pa about 1 hour north of Allentown, always looking for a road trip to ride and meet new riders. Have you ever been to Jack frost mountain, it's a MX park south of me about an hour. My email mayge@corning.com send me a post, I'm heading out west to ride with steve hatch offroad adventures with 6 buddies from back here, but I'll be back in town in a week. Give me a shout.

later

Mike, I'm just 15 minutes (as the crow flies) north of Philly. I'm just off the turnpike so I'm probably 15-20 minutes from you. We've talked about this before. I'd be interested in riding your area. I'm new here and haven't really tried any places out.

don't know of any locally.

9dblR, I've heard of Jack Frost. What's it cost to ride there?

Jack Frost costs $25 for the entire day includes 3 MX tracks and a hare scramble course. They have a website, pop me an email and I will forward the website to you. I also went to Rausch Creek Motorsports park a week ago and they have some sweet MX tracks, cost is about the same but it's about 30 min. north of harrisburg of I81. We should all hook up sometime and get a ride going, you guys interested in MX or trail?

Dirtdad

great, also Jack frost is an excellent place to bring youngster's, let's get together sometime in a couple weeks, I have trellborg's on my 00 CR250 but I don't have any spiked tires on my 01 426, most area's still have alot of ice and some snow. Keep my email address tucked away and send me a note so I can add you to my address book. I have a buddy in Va that I want to road trip on down to ride with, maybe you can hook and take a road trip with us.

Hey guys,

Try Tower City. It's near Rausch Creek, minutes away. They have 12,000 acres of land to ride on. The membership is $175/yr for the whole family. You can also get a camping spot to call your own for $25/yr. At $25 per ride, per rider at Rausch Creek, it's a bargain. Especially for someone who has family/son that rides.

Go to www.towercitytrailriders.com

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

I'm interested in riding anything without pavement! I also have a son who rides. He's 12 and I just recently got him a ttr-125 to start out on. I'll have to get my trailer out of storage soon so I can haul these bikes around. I still have a few mods to finish on my bike but hope to be ready to ride soon.

Hello Neighbors,

I live in Wilmington, DE (about 20 mins south of Philly) and would love to hook up with some fellow TTalkers. I plan on joining Tower City this summer as my local riding is limited to private land tracts.

In addition to what you guys mentioned here, there is some fun riding up further north of J Frost near Elk Mtn. I rode on Elk's ski slopes a bunch last year (crazy hillclimbs) and 10 mins away is a track in Montrose called mx-573.

Mike, I would like to hear more about your area in S NJ.

Steve/Angry,

Sorry we missed you last year at Budds. Do you and your buddies still rent the track?

I'm south west of Philly about two hours now.

Let me know when you'll be at Tower City. I'll be joining also.

Bill

------------------

86TT225, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC.

Angry,

I ride in Acto, NJ and Port Ellizabeth, NJ. The Acto area is a pit about 1/4 mile x 1/4 mile and is surrounded by wharton forest (huge). Theres a few jumps at the pit and a course that circles the pit. Wharton has some pretty awesome woods riding and lots of long straight fire trails. We park at the pit and are nevered bothered by anyone.

The Port Ellizabeth area is made up of a series of pits linked together by a dirt road right in the middle of the pine barrens. You'll see hundreds of bikes and quads on the weekends, but the area is so big, theres plenty of room to find your own spot. Its all natural but there are table tops, doubles, triples, 4 or 5 mx courses, hill climbing, and loads of woods riding. The place is awesome!!and its free! Plenty of parking too. Let me know if you want to go.

Mike

Hey Bill,

Welcome to the mid-atlantic!! I've been following TTalk and some of your threads. I hope the new house is coming along well and that you like your new job.

Please let me know when you firm up the dates for the TT ride at Tower City. It's not real close to me (about 3 hours) but I hear it is a really fun family-oriented place. I get really bored with my limited local areas, and have decided to join Tower City in the spring. My kids are going to love the camping/riding as well. I figure you can't beat it for $175 a year....even if I only get up there once a month.

My friends still plan to rent Budds one Thursday per month. We should try to get some TTalkers down there as well (they limit it to six riders at a time.)

Angry candy, I live close to elk mountain in fact Hurricane Hills is going to open up track day's this summer $22 all day. I'm leaving town today for phoenix, AZ to ride and will be back in town mid next week. Any you guys interested shoot me an email and I will try to set a ride. later.

email mayge@corning.com

Steve,

The dates are set for the 15th (friday) and 16th (saturday). I'll let you know exactly where we'll be on what day. One day will be Tower City and the other....more than likely Rausch Creek. RC has 4 MX tracks and two 7 mile hare scramble loops.

Kevin is coming and has asked about going to Budds. He wants to race MX again and after going for the national last year, he's really fired up to ride the track. I hope to race this year also and may give Budds a shot.

This year, I'd like to take the boys to Steel City or Mt Morris. Next year Unidilla ?

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be in touch.

Bill

9dblR, I live about 45 from Clifford (Hurricane Hills) in Tunkhannock. Well have to get together and do some riding.

Hurricane use to open the track for practice on off weekends. Is this what your talking about. Also if you ask Tom Hurd he will probably let you help pick rock on Wednesdays then ride on Thursdays. Good track time. Mx563 in Montrose PA is a nice track. There is a 85' up hill double, 90' double, a big table top, etc. Sometimes its a little rocky, but what isnt in this area.

If any of you PA guys want to do some riding write me. Im interested.

oh yah, since you guys are talking National tracks, Broome Tioga is the place to go. It is also owned by Tom Hurd. Its in Binghamton NY. The day after the national they have a amature day where you race the whole track. During the regular races there you only race the bottom portion of the track. Its a fast motorcross with some big jumps.

Nick

[This message has been edited by npuza (edited 03-02-2001).]